PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

The Giant and the heaviest chicken from my 1st batch of Easter egger chickens.

Hey Everybody,

I have a question for all the Philippine Flockers. I would like to know what is your opinion of the best poultry feeds available in the Philippines? So far I only know a little about B-Meg, Excel Feeds, and Vitarich. Are there other brands and what is your opinion on any you are familiar with. I am interested in both broiler feeds and layer feeds.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Hey Everybody,

I have a question for all the Philippine Flockers.  I would like to know what is your opinion of the best poultry feeds available in the Philippines?  So far I only know a little about B-Meg, Excel Feeds, and Vitarich.  Are there other brands and what is your opinion on any you are familiar with.  I am interested in both broiler feeds and layer feeds.

Thanks,

Jimmy

I ain't expert but i am using purina. I notice that my chicks grow faster and bigger compared when i was using bmeg.

I prefer jetbest's dynamo for chicks. I notice they grow faster than when Im with BMeg's Tegra before.

Hey Everybody,

Here is what I have found about feeds available here in CdO.

Jetbest Dynamo
Calcium 1 - 1.1% Seems that this would be a good choice for broilers or as a whole flock feed that
would be supplemented with calcium for layers. And there would not be any harm done to the roosters.

Unifeeds (CLM)
This is a laying mash with a calcium level of 4 - 4.2% This would be a good choice if anyone is not concerned about
their roosters and don't intend to do much breeding.

B-Meg
Layer I - Calcium 3.5% It is recommended by B-Meg as feed for Pullets up to 40 weeks of age.
Layer II - Calcium 3.7% Recommended by B-Meg as a full time feed for Pullets over 40 weeks of age.

I found some others but, was unable to find out any content and analysis information for them. There are some other good quality feeds around but, they are only available in the Manila area. I have found no place in CdO to get oyster shells or any calcium supplement.

And Purina and other poultry items seem to be available only in the Manila area and a few in the Cebu area. I'm starting to feel like areas away from the Capital Region is another country.

My intention is to raise my chickens for eggs for our rather large extended family and I would like to have good solid eggs but, do not want to take the chance of hurting the roosters. Because the roosters would be used for breeding until I reach 10 hens of the two types of chickens I am getting. After that the roosters will go into the cooking pot. When the hens get older I will purchase a couple of roosters to rebuild my flock.

My wife on the other hand wants to keep some broilers to breed for a constant supply for the table. And her idea will require extra space that we don't have unless she is willing to give up a little space from her garden area. And like always Mama usually gets what she wants.
idunno.gif

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend in between the rain drops.

Jimmy

Back
Top Bottom