PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Hey Everybody,

I have a question for everybody, My wife wants to keep a couple of broiler hens and a rooster to be able to incubate our own broiler eggs so that we don't have to buy the broiler chicks. Has anybody ever tried to raise their own broilers, how many eggs per week can you expect per hen. Any thought or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Hey Everybody,

I have a question for everybody, My wife wants to keep a couple of broiler hens and a rooster to be able to incubate our own broiler eggs so that we don't have to buy the broiler chicks. Has anybody ever tried to raise their own broilers, how many eggs per week can you expect per hen. Any thought or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jimmy

if they are the 45 day chickens (cornish cross) they normally dont live til they lay eggs. Their parents are 2 hybrids that when bread together produce a frankenchicken

see https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/202302/cornish-rock-eggs/0_50

we had a rough shipping day at CocoPoultryFarm

The plane that the birds were meant to travel on had vebtilation problems so they offloaded the birds abd kept them overnight in the PAL terminal at Bacolod airport.

This caused all sorts of delays.

One order of 40 birds arrived wet. Only 3 survived/

One order of 47 saw 7 die

Jimmy lost 3

We normally have very few problems.

Sad day for the chicks

Sorry to hear about the chicks. Will PAL pay for the dead ones?

Hello, im new and has no poultry farm yet. However i hope to start 2016. I will be "questioning" member/participant
welcome-byc.gif

Check out the following thread also, you will find a wealth of information on it.

Again welcome,

Jimmy

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-of-here-a-diary-of-a-crazy-chicken-man/12420

Hey Everybody,

Hope all is going well for everybody. Today was a much better day than yesterday for me.
I lost two more chicks yesterday, both Australorp. The odd thing is it is the most healthy looking
ones. And it puzzles me because there is no apparent reason for their death. Both had no
visible signs like a discharge from their nostrils and no pasty butt. I had the same thing happen
in the USA when I received my 25 Australorp. All of the RIR's seem to be doing fine. I feed them
chick booster for about 2 weeks and then switch over to layer chick starter. I also them mashed
up boiled eggs for the probiotics in them. Anybody have any thoughts about the SCD syndrome?

Thanks

Jimmy

Hey Everybody,

Hope all is going well for everybody.  Today was a much better day than yesterday for me.
I lost two more chicks yesterday, both Australorp.  The odd thing is it is the most healthy looking
ones.  And it puzzles me because there is no apparent reason for their death.  Both had no
visible signs like a discharge from their nostrils and no pasty butt.  I had the same thing happen
in the USA when I received my 25 Australorp.  All of the RIR's seem to be doing fine.  I feed them
chick booster for about 2 weeks and then switch over to layer chick starter.  I also them mashed
up boiled eggs for the probiotics in them.  Anybody have any thoughts about the SCD syndrome?

Thanks

Jimmy

Hi jimmy. Sorry that you lost 2 chicks. I'm not really familiar with the scd syndrome. Hope the remaining chicks do well.

Welcome to byc@Pambisan Farm

Update on my chooks: we culled 6 chickens to reduce squabbles and feed cost lol. The mean and bullied had to go to the freezer camp. Now we have enough stock until the end of the month haha. My father jokingly said we shall start laying eggs next month! Lol

Back
Top Bottom