PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Hello everybody. This thread has been so quiet for the past few weeks... I guess everybody is busy with their own flock.

I collected some eggs earlier from my 2 nestboxes... 2 more pullets are exploring the nests. I might be adding 1 more nest box this week. I have a total of 10 girls so 3 nests should be enough I guess.

nice egg collection mykee
1f44d.png
1f44d.png

Thanks @Mercilless. I am excited to see my EE's egg but i think she isn't on POL stage yet. Same as my leghorn. I am hoping to have at least 2 more egg colors added to my basket :) so far, the eggs i'm collecting varies from pink to light tan to light brown. I get some speckled eggs once in a while. :)

RobJ,

If yours are 5 months old, I hate to think about what mine will be like at that age. They, according to the man I got them from, are about 2 & a-half months old and are already bigger than Jersey Giants. The hen weight is close to 3 Kilos I think. And the rooster is even bigger.
idunno.gif
I'll post an up to date pic in a couple of days.

Jimmy

I estimate my 2 roosters stand about 18" and weigh about 5+ kg's, big boys. The hens tower above the white Leghons. The pic's are not very good I will try and get some close up's and post.

RobJ,

If yours are 5 months old, I hate to think about what mine will be like at that age. They, according to the man I got them from, are about 2 & a-half months old and are already bigger than Jersey Giants. The hen weight is close to 3 Kilos I think. And the rooster is even bigger.
idunno.gif
I'll post an up to date pic in a couple of days.

Jimmy
kabir are much faster growing than JG.

They are akin to the red ranger type hybrids in the USA

Here are some up to date pictures of my boys and girls.

Rhode Island Red with mustache and beard ????????

Kabir Rooster at 3 month and 6 days old.. Gonna call him Schreck because he has the biggest feet I have ever seen on a chicken.

Different view He has been crowing for about 3 weeks now. And he is loud.

Kabir hen. She is very calm. Will even let herself be picked up. NOT THE ROOSTER. He runs from any thing.

hen again

Rhode Island Red with five toes and feathered feet ??????????????

Rhode Island Red with green legs ?????????

Two have Mustache and beards.

The feathers growing out to the side are usually called muffs, I think.

The Kabir hen weighs in a 3.4 Kilos.

I think there was a rooster invited to the party and ended up spending the weekend with the flock in the RIR's.

Back
Top Bottom