PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Here are some up to date pictures of my boys and girls. Rhode Island Red with mustache and beard ???????? Kabir Rooster at 3 month and 6 days old.. Gonna call him Schreck because he has the biggest feet I have ever seen on a chicken. Different view He has been crowing for about 3 weeks now. And he is loud. Kabir hen. She is very calm. Will even let herself be picked up. NOT THE ROOSTER. He runs from any thing. hen again Rhode Island Red with five toes and feathered feet ?????????????? Rhode Island Red with green legs ????????? Two have Mustache and beards. The feathers growing out to the side are usually called muffs, I think. The Kabir hen weighs in a 3.4 Kilos. I think there was a rooster invited to the party and ended up spending the weekend with the flock in the RIR's.
Nice chickens you got there. . But for the RIR question mark thier defenitly not RIR
263a.png
263a.png
263a.png

From what I have been able to find out so far they are a cross between the RIR and Araucanas or Ameraucanas or Easter Eggers, depending on how you spell it. They were suppose to be RIR. They are nice looking birds but I don't know what kind of egg production I will get from this cross. We are trying to grow RIR and Australorp because we are supplying eggs for a family of 21 adults and children. I have one hen that is red and completely rumples. And she has the best color of all the chicks. Going to order some more in the next two or three weeks. I would like to end up with 9 Australorp hens and 9 RIR hens. I lost 7 to some unknown illness and only have 11 left of which 5 are hens.

Jimmy

From what I have been able to find out so far they are a cross between the RIR and Araucanas or Ameraucanas or Easter Eggers, depending on how you spell it. They were suppose to be RIR. They are nice looking birds but I don't know what kind of egg production I will get from this cross. We are trying to grow RIR and Australorp because we are supplying eggs for a family of 21 adults and children. I have one hen that is red and completely rumples. And she has the best color of all the chicks. Going to order some more in the next two or three weeks. I would like to end up with 9 Australorp hens and 9 RIR hens. I lost 7 to some unknown illness and only have 11 left of which 5 are hens.

Jimmy
Jimmy,
Araucanas have rumpless tail and with ear tufts or cleanfaced. True Ameraucanas have beard muffs and tail so for the Easter Eggers are mutt birds. Araucanas and Ameraucanas usually lay blue eggs but EE eggs can be any color. I am in love with these breeds and have Easter Eggers. Yea, you better off to have RIR or Black Australorps for egg purpose but Easter Eggers do lay pretty well too lol

Brian from Batangas, Philippines

Jimmy,
Good luck with your next order. I'm so sorry to hear your loss. I lost mine 50% from 34 to 17 birds now. I ordered 25 Easter Eggers and got 10 free barnyard mix. My thought to much chicks in 10x10 coop so it happened. Suspected cause of Gumboro Disease :(

Thanks for your post Brian. I only know a little about the colored egg layers. And I have said before at 70 years young I am still learning and hope to be for at least another 30 or 40 years.
old.gif

Maybe some of mine will lay some colored eggs and then the neighbors will have something else to talk about.

Jimmy

Hey Everybody,

Been really quiet lately. Nobody is making any post. I hope everybody had a good weekend. Mine wasn't very good. I think Cepalco hates me. We haven't had a brown-out in over a month until I put 32 eggs in the incubator for two gentlemen. The eggs have been in the bator for 6 days and in that time we have had 3 brown-outs for a total of 8 hours. I think they are being very unfair.
lau.gif

I pay my bill before it's due each month.

All joking aside, I can understand brown-outs happening when there is a limited supply of water to produce electricity. Don't know where their power plant is but, in our area we have had over 20 inches of rain in the last 3 weeks.

Maybe some of y'all have an idea of what they are doing.
hu.gif

Jimmy

Hey Everybody,

Been really quiet lately. Nobody is making any post. I hope everybody had a good weekend. Mine wasn't very good. I think Cepalco hates me. We haven't had a brown-out in over a month until I put 32 eggs in the incubator for two gentlemen. The eggs have been in the bator for 6 days and in that time we have had 3 brown-outs for a total of 8 hours. I think they are being very unfair.
lau.gif

All joking aside, I can understand brown-outs happening when there is a limited supply of water to produce electricity. Don't know where their power plant is but, in our area we have had over 20 inches of rain in the last 3 weeks.

hu.gif

Jimmy

Don't panic yet Jimmy - had the power go out on 140 eggs at all stages of development for an 8 hour stretch. Most made it in the end. Some even started to hatch despite the eggs being room temp.

Hey Everybody,

lau.gif

hu.gif

Jimmy

Its pretty rare to go that long in Mindanao with out a power outage, there is simply not enough supply to meet demand on the Island.

You may want to get a truck battery and an inverter thats double the requirements of the bator. Like Phage says, dont worry too much but if you are losing sleep, its worth the 250 bucks

Back
Top Bottom