PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Happy Sunday everyone. Its Dinagsa Festival in Cadiz City but Im home bound
smile.png

And a happy one to you also.

Jimmy

Welcome aboard rhythmwhipsers. Ang asawa ko is from Capas, Tarlac (kapampangan) and we're just starting our first flock here in Arizona. She's had a lot of experience raising birds in the Philippines so she's been my instructor. Since getting involved raising the chicks we have I've been trying to remember what kinds of chickens they had back there in the 80's but for the life of me I can't remember. About the only details I remember are that manook adobo at dinuguan ay masarap. If you could let me know about the breeds there I'd appreciate it. I'm thinking if they did well in the tropics they might do well here in the desert heat as well.

Salamat
Hi ejcrist. The native chickens are what I know, they call them ulikba, asil, tagalog, etc. However, as far as I know, the ones that are actually cooked are mix breeds under the brand name sasso or the "i think are now extint" kabirs. Hope that helps. :)

Hi ejcrist. The native chickens are what I know, they call them ulikba, asil, tagalog, etc. However, as far as I know, the ones that are actually cooked are mix breeds under the brand name sasso or the "i think are now extint" kabirs. Hope that helps. :)
Yes it does - thanks very much. I'll consult with my instructor and the adjunct instructors (her family here in AZ) and we'll see if we can track any of those down here. It'll be interesting to find out. Thanks again for your help.

Gene

I live in Cagayan de Oro and have 4 different breeds in my flock. I have Australorp, Visayan, the small game type hens, and a hybrid cross of RIR/Andalusian. I just got rid of two Kabir about a month ago so they aren't extinct. The problem I had with the Kabir is that they did not blend in with the rest of the flock. They were so big that it was a battle between the hen and my roosters. The Kabir was the complete boss of the flock. All the breeds that I have are doing very good in the heat and high humidity.

Jimmy

I get mine at Pacifica one of our local feed stores and I believe he gets them from Mindanao, I dont know anyone local who breeds them

Awesome! I'll ask my friend. Thanks so much everyone! :)

I just received the chicks I ordered from Coco Poultry Farm. There are 10 chicks instead of 6 which I ordered. I got 4 freebies! Yey! :)

Back
Top Bottom