Phoenix bantams

I have a few and Boggy Bottom Bantams has several colors of them. Though I personally havent had the best experience with her through some sort of miscommunication I guess, Toni Marie Astin is probably one of the best breeders of bantam and LF Phoenix. Boggy Bottom Bantams (Aubrey)hatched several of his from her and I have two Red Pyle Phoenix roosters from her and a white and birchin pullet from Boggy Bottom Bantams.

yep, they are a great breed. I love them and have some awsome lines, all from A-M Astin.
She and Cye Hyde are the 2 most noted breeders in the states for them. If you have there lines, there's not much need for improvenment. There are a lot of junk breeders out there and very poor hatchery lines too, so beware of those. With these, if the breeder doesnt know their birds lines, it's best to pass on them if you are wanting great birds with good tails and saddles.
Plan to add on a few more colors this fall myself as long as things go as planned.
As for their temperments. I have a great silver male who's just as nice as can be, I have 2 white roos who'll try you about 50% of the time, IF you turn your back to them. Pretty much, they are just like any other rooster as far as that goes.

LOL

I know, been meaning to get some new pics, just been swamped, need to get some of my new d'anver colors too, and Toni-Marie asked for some pics a month back, just havent had the time here recently to stop and get some.
Will get to work on it though
wink.png

Quote:
LOL Yeah I know, I hate having to go through the whole uploading process worse than anything, thats why I hardly ever do pics anymore. I would love to see them though when you get a chance. Did you ever get anything worked out to go back and get some more birds from her on the colors you didnt get in that batch?

And to the OP and anyone else interested, here is the Phoenix thread we were refering to if you havent seen it.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=273550&p=1

Quote:
LOL Yeah I know, I hate having to go through the whole uploading process worse than anything, thats why I hardly ever do pics anymore. I would love to see them though when you get a chance. Did you ever get anything worked out to go back and get some more birds from her on the colors you didnt get in that batch?

And to the OP and anyone else interested, here is the Phoenix thread we were refering to if you havent seen it.

Yep, that's what I was referring to in my first post, about getting more this fall. She's been nice enough to offer me some then once she knows what she has and all. Looking forward to that, may go broke up there though, LOL

SO far on what hatched, I got some nice silver, a pair of buff (kinda pyle looking) a ??silver pyle? hen, a solid dun hen, some bb's and golds, birchens, and a few other odd balls. That's why I was getting her some pics, so she could look at the colors to mate them up for me.
Will try to get some this weekend, been planting deer plots a lot and just havent had time.

Like I said, I have about 10 new ones on the d'anver too I need to get pics on like the buff columbians, they turned out nice, just hatched a lavender phase of them too, they look to be basically a porcelain columbian pattern...
Oh well, will work on all that asap.
Yep the taking, culling threw, loading to Photobucket, then posting here and the website, It takes a hole weekend to do seems like....

Quote:

Yep, that's what I was referring to in my first post, about getting more this fall. She's been nice enough to offer me some then once she knows what she has and all. Looking forward to that, may go broke up there though, LOL

SO far on what hatched, I got some nice silver, a pair of buff (kinda pyle looking) a ??silver pyle? hen, a solid dun hen, some bb's and golds, birchens, and a few other odd balls. That's why I was getting her some pics, so she could look at the colors to mate them up for me.
Will try to get some this weekend, been planting deer plots a lot and just havent had time.

Like I said, I have about 10 new ones on the d'anver too I need to get pics on like the buff columbians, they turned out nice, just hatched a lavender phase of them too, they look to be basically a porcelain columbian pattern...
Oh well, will work on all that asap.
Yep the taking, culling threw, loading to Photobucket, then posting here and the website, It takes a hole weekend to do seems like....

Hmmm That sounds pretty cool. We been workin on getting everything ready for deer season too, We got several pics on the GameCam of a 9ish point buck in velvet and at least two more younger ones that travel with him, and a few does and one young one that still has spots.

Back
Top Bottom