Phoenix Genetics

devin0

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 19, 2010
Fogo Island, NL
If I bred a white phoenix hen with a golden phoenix rooster, what color would the offspring be? Also, if I bred a white phoenix hen with a silver phoenix rooster, what color would the offspring be? Thank you for any help. :)

White phoenix are most likely recessive white. It is also possible that the bird carries dominant white but highly unlikely. If someone had yokohoma and was crossing with the phoenix- they could have introduced the dominant white gene into their phoenix.

The recessive white genes will normally make any variety of bird white; you could say the white hides the variety under the white. An individual would have to know what the hidden variety is in order to make an accurate prediction.

My guess would be a silver phoenix under the white but the whites could be black breasted red or golden under the white.

My guess is that the two crosses will produce silver phoenix, golden phoenix or black breasted red phoenix. You should get these birds or some combination of these birds.

Tim

I'm bringing this back to ask another question. Does anyone know the general genetic composition of the Pheonix? Do they then to have the Eumelanin dermal suppressor or any other genes that would inhibit fibro expression?

Back
Top Bottom