Photo Critique Club

Post #1300 go look at it and vote below

• Total voters
IMG_0496.jpeg

Explains also why I like this picture better, but the chick wasn’t cooperative

View attachment 3559366
Explains also why I like this picture better, but the chick wasn’t cooperative
Composition is personal preference but it all depends on the look you are going for. There are "guidelines" though.

This is a another good shot but it is slightly harder to compose properly because of the hen and the chick are looking different directions. I think you got it about as good you can under those circumstances.

If the chick was looking to the right or wasn't there at all, composing would be very simple and I would do it like this.

Ideally you want room in front of the animal than behind it. Since the hen is looking/facing to the right (slightly), you want more room in front of her (where she's looking) than behind her. So you want more blue area than red area.

But since the chick is looking left, the way you originally cropped it works a little better.... it's head is just too close to edge of the frame. Again, it's all subjective.

Screenshot_20230628_190445_Photo Editor.jpg

Last edited:
I know most of you probably use actual digital cameras, but does anyone do much photography with your phone?
I'm going to be getting a new one and I want something that will take good pics. I take a lot of pictures of my animals and I love taking sky (sunset/sunrise) pictures and landscape pictures.
I don't need anything amazing but I want them to be good. I've tried some iphones and they always seem to have a fish eye look which I don't like. I want as close to real as possible, so very close color and no screwy perspective stuff. I also am not a fan of huge phones since I'm pretty hard on things, and it needs to be user friendly. My current one constantly falls out of my pocket and I hate it, lol.
However my max is $150, so if there's an older model or something I'd rather go with one of those.
I plan on getting a refurbished unlocked phone from here
https://www.backmarket.com/en-us/l/unlocked-cell-phones/32f9fadc-084b-4227-8f98-0cc5caf69383

Any thoughts?

I know most of you probably use actual digital cameras, but does anyone do much photography with your phone?
I'm going to be getting a new one and I want something that will take good pics. I take a lot of pictures of my animals and I love taking sky (sunset/sunrise) pictures and landscape pictures.
I don't need anything amazing but I want them to be good. I've tried some iphones and they always seem to have a fish eye look which I don't like. I want as close to real as possible, so very close color and no screwy perspective stuff. I also am not a fan of huge phones since I'm pretty hard on things, and it needs to be user friendly. My current one constantly falls out of my pocket and I hate it, lol.
However my max is $150, so if there's an older model or something I'd rather go with one of those.
I plan on getting a refurbished unlocked phone from here
https://www.backmarket.com/en-us/l/unlocked-cell-phones/32f9fadc-084b-4227-8f98-0cc5caf69383

Any thoughts?
I've been using Samsung phones for years because they've had the best cameras on them. Apple's new models are even with them now, but If you're going refurb, S21 or S21 ultra.

These are from my Note 20 ultra. random images and lighting ti give a good idea.
20230704_132947.jpg
20230701_181229.jpg
20230621_173809(1).jpg
20230516_180223~2.jpg
20230513_072640.jpg
20230317_142724.jpg

I've been using Samsung phones for years because they've had the best cameras on them. Apple's new models are even with them now, but If you're going refurb, S21 or S21 ultra.

These are from my Note 20 ultra. random images and lighting ti give a good idea.
View attachment 3573891View attachment 3573892View attachment 3573893View attachment 3573894View attachment 3573895View attachment 3573896
Oh yeah those are really nice. The colors and perspective look good.
I looked at the ones you mentioned and they're more in the $250+ range it looks like though.
If you've had Samsungs for a while, what older models did you like the cameras on?
I had a Samsung a number of years ago and it was o, but I don't remember what model it was.

Oh yeah those are really nice. The colors and perspective look good.
I looked at the ones you mentioned and they're more in the $250+ range it looks like though.
If you've had Samsungs for a while, what older models did you like the cameras on?
I had a Samsung a number of years ago and it was o, but I don't remember what model it was.
https://www.backmarket.com/en-us/p/...ked/b935b043-b906-4e82-b3b0-eed1611459fc#l=12

I went from an S9 to an S19 to the Note 20 ultra over the last 6 years or so.

Back
Top Bottom