Pics from our garden in May - Eye Candy!

wingnut1

Crazy Bird Lady
11 Years
Apr 21, 2008
A Galaxy Far Far Away
Hello! I felt like showing off my chickens, and posted pics of them in the chick pic topic. I thought - why stop there? Here are some pics from my flower gardens! This is the 4th Spring for this garden. Mississippi weather, irrigation from the lake, and chicken manure seems to be working just fine!
wink.png
Thanks for looking!

Salvia in the butterfly garden
9261_dscn1360.jpg

9261_dscn1371.jpg

9261_dscn1362.jpg

9261_dscn1361.jpg

9261_dscn1368.jpg

9261_dscn1431.jpg

9261_dscn1367.jpg

9261_dscn1366.jpg

Thank you to each of you for your sweet comments!!!

Gardens and animals... they really make me happy! And so does my DH!!!! *LOL* (He tells everyone he is my garden slave!
gig.gif
And I say *yes* and my exclusive killer of spiders that enter the house!!!)

I am very fortunate - my DH and I live 2 miles from where we work, and we live on a lake in the county so we can have CHICKENZZZZZ!

Thanks for letting me show off a little bit...

Last edited:
lotzahenz

It is a salvie gregii -- I think it is lipstick -
http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Current/Detail/03202.html

I have another one called hotlips that is white on the top of the flower and red on the bottom --- each flower ends up looking like a floating pair of ruby red lips!!!
gig.gif

I found a new one that has a wonderful color and seems to bloom like crazy as well! "California Sunset"
http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Current/Detail/05952.html

Plant delights has a nice selection - and so does high country gardens - your local nursery should have salvia gregii too!
big_smile.png

It is soooo hot and humid where I am -- and the salvias are continual bloomers for me!

The red lily is one of the longiflorum asiatic (spelling?) or LA lillys -

I have a white one that is more mature - I'll post a pic of that in a second - just an amazing lily!

Well, it looks like your yard is all out of space for new flowering plants, so how about if you just come on over here to my yard and get busy with it! Oh, and there are a couple of houses for sale near me, and since you'll have no problem selling your gorgeous yard, I mean house, you can move here and keep my yard up too.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom