Pics of my birds!

Pics
You’re setups are absolutely incredible. Such beautiful aviaries, so gorgeous birds!

also- is that a black necked crane?

also - I CANT BELIEVE YOU GOT HARLEQUINS THATS SO AWESOME!! Ok enthusiasm aside, that’s fantastic, as these birds are not only suffering terrible decline, and will need a backup population, but also because I have not heard of anyone getting them in a while.

lastly - if you don’t mind my asking, what state are you in? I love sacred ibis and wanted to have a few but I live in the northeast US, with fairly hard winters and so I worried about them.

ok ok for real lastly - any plans to get longtailed ducks? These are my favorite species.

You’re setups are absolutely incredible. Such beautiful aviaries, so gorgeous birds!

also- is that a black necked crane?

also - I CANT BELIEVE YOU GOT HARLEQUINS THATS SO AWESOME!! Ok enthusiasm aside, that’s fantastic, as these birds are not only suffering terrible decline, and will need a backup population, but also because I have not heard of anyone getting them in a while.

lastly - if you don’t mind my asking, what state are you in? I love sacred ibis and wanted to have a few but I live in the northeast US, with fairly hard winters and so I worried about them.

ok ok for real lastly - any plans to get longtailed ducks? These are my favorite species.
Thankyou!! I absolutely love the harlequins.
And yes that is a black neck crane! She is a 9 year old hen. Extremely rare bird to come by. Only the International Crane Foundation and Bronx Zoo have them besides me! She came from a dear friend of mine. She’s absolutely spectacular. But needs a mate! Longtails are one of my favorites. I have been on a waiting list for some. I hope to own them soon along with king eiders. The sacred ibises do well with some shelter in the winter. But again they are a warm climate bird. As long as they are kept above freezing with no drafts they will do fine.
I am in Wisconsin

Oh lol in my excitement for you I forgot the profiles had the state right there lol. Would you keep the ibis in a shelter for the winter or will you give it outdoor access?

id help you if I could but my one zoo connection left the business a while ago. Other than that I didn’t even know black necked cranes existed in US captivity.

awesome about those longtails! Once I have the right setup I will finally get some, but that won’t be for many moons. Until then I’ll just enjoy the prospect.

I would keep them mostly in cover unless the weather is nice during the day but then bad at night. I’m working with a private conservancy in LA on finding her a mate! But again nearly impossible. She originally came from the crane foundation. Definitely have a near perfect set up for the long tails. They are one of the hardest species of ducks to raise/keep alive.

Good luck with the crane!
I’ve heard that the long tails are one of the most difficult species. But they are so beautiful and fascinating they’re worth the challenge.
thanks for the ibis info!

Gorgeous as always. Any luck getting on a list for Torrent ducks yet? Do you have Rosy-billed Pochards in your collection?
Thankyou! I found some over in Europe but at $25,000 a pair! I don’t have rosy bills yet. I was supposed to be getting some but they didn’t have them available suddenly

Thankyou! I found some over in Europe but at $25,000 a pair! I don’t have rosy bills yet. I was supposed to be getting some but they didn’t have them available suddenly
Holy crap! $25,000 a pair! That's insane! But they are soooo cool and pretty. Better start saving. Too bad on the Rosybills. I thought they were pretty easy to find. Good to know you're still looking for them. I think the drakes are so smart-looking.

Back
Top Bottom