Pics of your most colorful eggs!!

There are some seriously amazing eggs on this thread! I've had only Silkies for over a year, so I have nothing special to share. I did receive an assortment of chicks a little over a week ago, so I can't wait for them to give me that colorful egg basket again (not too mention bigger eggs in general)!

Everyone's eggs are beautiful!!! I had to move temporarily to a community which was not chicken friendly, but now that I am back in the rural setting I am rebuilding my flock. Everyone's pictures have me so excited for my pullets to start laying their colorful eggs. They are 20 weeks so hopefully soon I'll get to post as well!!!!

I would love to see everyone's colorful eggs from different breeds of chickens!!:D Below are some of mine.
Can't help but to think that that blue egg is doctored through a photo program of some kind or a dyed egg. I have never seen an egg that blue, my opinion. Here is a shot of our eggs. We have 6 different breeds they are - Barred Rocks, Delaware, Easter Eggers, Dark Cornish, Welsummer's and Rhode Island Reds.

Can't help but to think that that blue egg is doctored through a photo program of some kind or a dyed egg. I have never seen an egg that blue, my opinion.

It's quite bright huh?

Here is a shot of our eggs. We have 6 different breeds they are - Barred Rocks, Delaware, Easter Eggers, Dark Cornish, Welsummer's and Rhode Island Reds.

"COChix"
"Can't help but to think that that blue egg is doctored through a photo program of some kind or a dyed egg. I have never seen an egg that blue, my opinon."

I think it is just lighting and background. I have started to take pics of our eggs and because of a poor lighting and backdrop combination, they are so washed out that they look nothing like the actual color. :(

Last edited:
"COChix"
"Can't help but to think that that blue egg is doctored through a photo program of some kind or a dyed egg. I have never seen an egg that blue, my opinon."

I think it is just lighting and background. I have started to take pics of our eggs and because of a poor lighting and backdrop combination, they are so washed out that they look nothing like the actual color. :(

I understand what you are saying, just think the blue is too blue. Here is probably something similar to what your talking about. Same egg two different backgrounds,can vary the color of the egg.

Maybe the original poster can come back and clarify for all of us.

Last edited:
It's very difficult to take accurate pics of colored eggs...even if it looks right on your monitor, it can look totally different on someone else's.

This is actually a green egg....taken with a smart phone and totally untouched.

Back
Top Bottom