Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Ok I couldn’t resist putting this one up for everyone to enjoy. My hen house has a roosting ledge and it all the same height, except this section is about 2” higher. Oh course they all want the highest spot, right?

Well seems Butterscotch was trying to scooch under Eli-too to keep her spot, Eli-too wasn’t having non of that and sat on her head 😆

37DE2D55-0BC5-40C1-B1B2-8805B69A39B3.jpeg

Ok I couldn’t resist putting this one up for everyone to enjoy. My hen house has a roosting ledge and it all the same height, except this section is about 2” higher. Oh course they all want the highest spot, right?

Well seems Butterscotch was trying to scooch under Eli-too to keep her spot, Eli-too wasn’t having non of that and sat on her head 😆

View attachment 3806253
I had four hens at once in a nesting box before (I need to also grab that picture, it is hilarious), but never any piling up on a roosting ledge/branch. They all want the same thing!

That's a good age. You must've done well by her.
So sorry for your loss :hugs
I'm sorry for your loss. She was a very pretty girl.
Sorry to hear that @Tookie 🫂 May she lie on forever in your heart.
What a beauty - and I love her wattles and comb ❤️ Sorry to hear of the passing of Tookie the first.
I’m so sorry for your loss, she’s a beautiful chicken and I’m certain you gave her a wonderful life.
I'm so sorry for your loss @Tookie :hugs
Thanks y'all! :hugs
I'm down to 13 in my flock now, I lost 6 in just 11 months. :hmm
I'm wanting to get a few started pullets sometime.

A couple months ago I got some ducks, I've been wanting them for awhile and finally got them!
I've got 2 Buffs, 2 Blue Swedish, and 3 Welsh Harlequins.
All supposed to be girls, and I'm quite sure that's what I've got, thankfully!!! View attachment 3806415
They look awesome, I like ducks but totally impractical for here with my cold winters - hard to keep water for them.

They look awesome, I like ducks but totally impractical for here with my cold winters - hard to keep water for them.
I never thought about that! That's too bad. All they would need is deep enough water to dunk their whole head in though and they'd be fine. Swimming water isn't necessary but it does make them happy.

They are only discussing religious beliefs and political opinions. The chicken world is more serious than one might think
Chickens sure are interesting. They make sure to gesture and speak slower when they talk to me so I can get the gist, but when I overhear their conversations I am completely lost. They use sooooo many words, its like learning a new language. Maybe because it is another language?

Back
Top Bottom