PICTURE -- Sebastian and Momma taking a nap

These pictures are just beautiful!

Are the boys best friends? I heard male geese sometimes have best friends.

Did the girls hatch each others' eggs?

Aren't geese wonderful?! Lucy, Linus, Sabrina and Basil are best buddies as a group. There has never been any aggression between Linus and Basil, and they have never been aggressive towards us either. They do occasionally pull at the feathers of the swans who share the same area, and the swans get out of their way or ignore them. Linus is regarded as the main protector of the group and Basil is the dependable backup guy. Sabrina and Lucy laid some eggs their first breeding season and sat together as you can see in the photo, but their eggs disappeared - I'm not sure what happened. We shall see what happens this breeding season. They are starting to get more vocal, so I think their hormones are starting to kick in.

I feel just a bit envious when I see photos of your cuddly Sebastian, because the little gaggle won't let us hug them like when they were goslings, but they are still lots of fun.

I would love for Sebastian to be part of a group. I sometimes wonder if he gets frustrated with Gizmo and vice versa, since they don't speak each others' language.

The nice thing about having only Sebastian and Gizmo (inside the house), is that they don't have an option when it comes to cuddling. My outside ducks aren't big huggers.

I still can't believe you have swans!

Aren't geese wonderful?! Lucy, Linus, Sabrina and Basil are best buddies as a group. There has never been any aggression between Linus and Basil, and they have never been aggressive towards us either. They do occasionally pull at the feathers of the swans who share the same area, and the swans get out of their way or ignore them. Linus is regarded as the main protector of the group and Basil is the dependable backup guy. Sabrina and Lucy laid some eggs their first breeding season and sat together as you can see in the photo, but their eggs disappeared - I'm not sure what happened. We shall see what happens this breeding season. They are starting to get more vocal, so I think their hormones are starting to kick in.

I feel just a bit envious when I see photos of your cuddly Sebastian, because the little gaggle won't let us hug them like when they were goslings, but they are still lots of fun.

I would love for Sebastian to be part of a group.

I still can't believe you have swans!

We got the swans with the home that we bought - the previous owner bred water fowl of all sorts, so the place was designed for them.
The swans are beautiful, but I enjoy the geese more.

BTW, I think Sebastian feels like part of a group - the Mommy, Daddy, Gizmo Group.

Back
Top Bottom