Pictures of Coop Construction. The first real build is DONE!

I built my first coop this last week and I used your plan with a few changes. Mine wont be as nice but it is ready for more chickens. I liked yours because it was easy to see that it can easily be upgraded and can house enough chickens

Trying to find some info on perches for chickens
I'm bringing my chicks home this weekend and still need to do my perches but don't know what diameter to use I have a few limbs that I have cut they are about 1.5" diameter but don't know how high of the floor they need to be and witch way they need to face in the coop my chicks are about 5 weeks old any thought would help
gu2a6esu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll all I need is the chickens just finished up the last touches the ramp going in the coop, the screen on the windows, and the bamboo for the perches. The wheels will be installed in a couple weeks
uqaqe6ad.jpg
pajequmy.jpg

The chickens have come home to roost. I was Finally able to bring home the chickens over the weekend
gyhebe7a.jpg
3yde3ygy.jpg
zuzu5eme.jpg

Thanks so much! Great post and as a newbie chicken owner getting ready to build my first coop, very educational!

I love this coop! My husband and I are busily entering all the materials into his OpenSCAD program to figure out all the minute details, and to make it just a bit taller so neither of us has to duck when we go in. We keep disagreeing with each other about which gender pronoun to use to reference the author/builder, and we just smile because it doesn't matter anyway :D

THANK YOU TONS! For this detailed post! For the photos, written instructions, pros and cons, what you learned and will do better, what you did well and wouldn't change. Whoever you are, if I ever meet you I would hug you!

Back
Top Bottom