Pictures of my Young Roos

suki'smom

Songster
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
Central Wisconsin
I thought I would post some pictures of my Ringneck boys. They are about 10 weeks old. I love how they all look distinctly different. I know my names aren't very creative but I only named them so I could keep track of them lol

This is Black Legs. He has a black/green beak and black legs.

This is Blue Legs. He has a blueish/green colored beak and bright blue legs.

This is Pretty Boy. He's my favorite and has greenish colored beak and bluish/flesh colored legs.

Well I think that they are pretty even if nobody else does ;) I can't wait to see what they look like as adults and if their patterns look different due to the different colored legs.

Yes it is truly amazing :) I never thought I would like them as much as I do. Especially since some where supposed to be for meat, some for release, and 6 kept for breeding. Well the ones to be released have been (they got too crowded and began to bloody one another) but the remaining 10 I just cannot see eating because I have come to enjoy them so much. They will all be kept, with 1 roo and 2-3 hens per pen, then I will hatch, raise and eat their babies LOL

I will continue to post pics as they age so everyone can see how their colors develop as adults.

Thay are really pretty!
love.gif

hello,
i have an pair of ringneck pheasants they are the only two who have survived out of 8 and they are the same age as yours and i was wondering how to take care of them cuz they are my first actual game bird and i never had pheasants before and now they are in the circle y trailer in the tack room with of course food and water and i have no clue what do for their living area outside i was thinking of an cheap chicken house that you can find everywhere and putting electric wire around the pen then i though hey that is an great idea until the winter they are only 10 weeks old same age as your boys the male colouring for my boy as an orange haze appearing around his breast on both sides and red coming in on his back and red in his tail short which is stubby and no red bags either nor an reddy brown breast either but he dose weigh a lot which is good and the female is regular but boring colours and my biggest probably though is the winter!!!!! and i don't have an idea what to do! and i got them from and dude out in Duncan and what i mean is that i don't know what to do for their housing the winter! so plz help me out :) thx
cheers

Back
Top Bottom