Pictures of Pheasant Housing/Run

I would suggest some sort of a double door system....at least if you've got inexperienced "helpers." I lost my trio of red goldens when a H.S. kid we hired to feed/water/watch my flock accidentally left the door open while collecting eggs and all three flew out, never to be seen again.
sad.png

The pens are 8x20 and its going to have a locking latch on it, im the only one in and out of the pen so i dont have much to worry about.
smile.png

Otherwise i would definitely put in a double door.

Quote:
Thats odd that they can not get them, I thought any TSC store could get any product they carry. We purchased them at TSC stores in WI & SD and when I was at friends in NC they had bought them at the local TSC.

I have also heard them called hog or cattle panels.

We have hog panels and cattle panels also for our hoofstock. But they would not work for pheasants. The mesh is to large and the birds would walk thru it. Hog panels are typically only 34 inches tall too.

I love those round buildings--what are they? They look like converted grain silos???

They are corn cribs.​

I called TSC store- I can get them if I wait a week and drive a couple hours..... The pricing is unreal- 4 8'x16' pens will cost about a grand. Why is this the fencing that is preferred? Would there be a way I could do this with rolled mesh fencing (I already have lots of this).

I know I said I would update with pics as this first batch of ringnecks grew and got moved through the grow out system into the flight pens. So here are pics from last Monday (they were two weeks old) when we moved them into the grow out pens (weeks 2 thru 5) we bed them on deep hay here, gives them things to pick at.

10326_003.jpg

getting a drink
10326_005.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom