Pictures of Pheasant Housing/Run

Your bird coup looks better than my house.
Ditto!
thumbsup.gif

We've got the one run complete. The inside of the house is just about complete. The outside of the house
will have siding like our house. Hubby's building a cupelo to go on top. We'll complete the other run
hopefully by fall. The inside of the house is divided so both runs will have access to it's own house.

Here's an update of what our "Pheasant Facility" looks like... We're excited as our 2 pair of Red Golden's
are being flown in from California tonight!!! This is our run off the house... The run is 160 sq ft. We'll add
some cut cedar trees when the birds arrive.

The door on the left goes into the coop where she can access a nesting box and roosts. The hollow
stump is filled with straw. Hopefully, she will want to either nest in here or hide from "him!"

i dont have any pics but ideal space for a pair of goldens is 8x8 trio 8x10 and you can also put a pair of peacocks or geese with them in a 11x13.

Sonja T,

That is one beautiful pheasant pen you have. It really does look great, I would love to have a pen like yours. I'm trying to order some golden pheasants too, I'm thinking of getting chicks to save a little money instead of getting the adults. I can't believe you got them all the way from California and they were all shipped fine. Do you think the long distance will affect them? I worried if I get shipped chicks they won't make the trip in the mail. If I can get some chicks now I'm sure by Fall they'll be adults by then.
Is that a evergreen tree I see in the back of the pen, it is a great idea to plant trees or shrubs in with the pheasants they'll feel more comfortable.

Good Luck with the pheasants!
thumbsup.gif

I applaud this thread
clap.gif
Every one has awesome pens!

Just a side question for Specturmranch,(hope you all dont mind) All thoes animals on your website, are thoes all yours?

Back
Top Bottom