Pictures of Pheasant Housing/Run

Sonja T,

That is one beautiful pheasant pen you have. It really does look great, I would love to have a pen like yours. I'm trying to order some golden pheasants too, I'm thinking of getting chicks to save a little money instead of getting the adults. I can't believe you got them all the way from California and they were all shipped fine. Do you think the long distance will affect them? I worried if I get shipped chicks they won't make the trip in the mail. If I can get some chicks now I'm sure by Fall they'll be adults by then.
Is that a evergreen tree I see in the back of the pen, it is a great idea to plant trees or shrubs in with the pheasants they'll feel more comfortable.

Good Luck with the pheasants!
thumbsup.gif
They arrived in very good condition.... they came in a large box through the U.S. Priority Overnite Mail, and we picked them up the next day at the post office! It was a large box and filled with lots of bedding and food... I would think chicks would make it better than adults and I hear that hatcheries usually put a few "extra" chicks in just in case... Oh, and on the juveniles that we got, they were guaranteed for 48 hours after arrival. Yes, that's an evergreen tree we planted, and we also cut a cedar tree and screwed it to a roost so it's standing up, which we'll replace as needed... They really seem to love that cedar tree. Our birds have been extremely shy... don't know if that's because they are older birds and it's taking time to adjust? I try to always talk to them as I'm approaching the run... one hen seems more at ease than the other 3 birds. Having never raised birds before, we don't know what's normal? lol We love them and hope they get a little more open with time :) Thanks for your compliment on our "pheasant facility", as I call it~

Got a lot more done! Fixing to move one pair of Red Goldens
into the left side run~ We still want to put siding on the front of the building.

This is inside the new run...

Does anyone else use this type to feed and water their birds?
And what would you recommend?

Chicken wire goes up 3' on the door and run...

This has to be one of the most well designed, gorgeous, perfect cage for Red Goldens (or a dozen other birds) Ive ever seen. You will go far with those birds and im sure they will be quite happy!
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom