Pictures&Stories of My Chickens:)

Silly Barred Rocks....

One of my pens is Barred Rocks, we have 7 hens with 1 rooster. We have been getting eggs from them regularly, but not quite as many as I hope. Anyways, today I was in the barn and noticed one of the hens up at the very top of the pen nestled between the rafters. While looking at hen I noticed an egg beside her, 9ft up between the rafters!! I got a ladder and checked up there and found FOUR eggs. Not sure if it is one hen laying up there or a couple. They are almost impossible to see from the ground because of the angle. Not sure why this hen decided to lay way up there when she has a cozy nesting box with straw and shavings and a ladder for easy access... silly chickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silly Barred Rocks....

One of my pens is Barred Rocks, we have 7 hens with 1 rooster. We have been getting eggs from them regularly, but not quite as many as I hope. Anyways, today I was in the barn and noticed one of the hens up at the very top of the pen nestled between the rafters. While looking at hen I noticed an egg beside her, 9ft up between the rafters!! I got a ladder and checked up there and found FOUR eggs. Not sure if it is one hen laying up there or a couple. They are almost impossible to see from the ground because of the angle. Not sure why this hen decided to lay way up there when she has a cozy nesting box with straw and shavings and a ladder for easy access... silly chickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I quite agree, CRAZY CHICKENS! :)

Hahaha, there's something to be said for a girl's need for privacy
smile.png

I had some time last week when it was nice so i decided to let the Light Sussex pen out to have some grass. Well it took them about half hour to figure out how to walk out the door of their pen, but finally after a little bit they all made it outside and got to sit in the sunshine.

The Roo

YUM

My lab Roxy

Back
Top Bottom