Pigeon HELP!

mhwc56

Songster
9 Years
Aug 5, 2010
my house in maryland
Hi
i live in a small town in maryland ,the town i live in is telling me that i have to "remove (my) old german owl pigeons from my property because they are against the code ordinance which does not allow chickens or "livestock/gamebirds" . I have until dec.3rd to have them gone
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas or input that could help me to keep them ? know of any websites that might help me in this?
ANY assistance or ideas would be HUGELY appreciated!!

although lumped in with them still, the federal gov (main over all other state ect govs), pigeons are no longer classified as poultry/fowl, and some proof of is that you can no longer ship as standard fowl in mail ect legally. some still consider racing and eating pigeons as fowl, or go by weights of birds. coops can be done high and long cutting out thickness of dimentions to get around now outdated coop laws pertaining to pigeon coops and lofts. there are still restrictions, but you can get by, as have friends that let birds free fly and gave signal to stay away from immediate house or area to be handled easy, and the animal control even helped out saying at that point being "free" they are protected under migratory/wild bird act, and couldnt be removed legally except by federally licensed people. keeping them inside your dwelling they are considered pet status and not able to be taken unless filthy and breaking major health codes. the coops are only real laws to get around anymore, and they cant legally even shoot away from or around your property if banded. video tape everything! keep immacultely clean and clean in morn and evening/night in case they try to come by and complain.

how many pigeons do you have that theyre worried about? hope some or all helped, as this was years ago now that saw people challanging and winning, and dfont remember most of how was won. hopefully at least starting point to fight this, and overturn this silly thing in your area probly.

Back
Top Bottom