Pigeon People- Post Here- Need some suggestions

LinckHillPoultry

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
Pennsylvania
Sheesh. Thanks guys lol. With all the posts on pigeons and everything I have been looking into getting some. Not positive yet though... I need to get some money rounded up.
I was looking at the fancy ones, such as fantails...etc.

Where did all of you guys get your pigeons at? Do people sell pigeon hatching eggs? I've never seen any. Are they hard to hatch?

For all the people with fancy pigeons can you please tell me where you know of that you can get them? Like websites.

Please post some pictures also because I want to see the varieties available.
smile.png

Thank you!

Don't tell me you don't know were to get pigeons. lol There are breeders everywere! look in your phone book or YellowPages.com and I'm sure you'll find a breeder near you. You can also search websites about pigeons and look for some that are for sale. Finding pigeons to buy is just as easy as finding chickens to buy.

Pigeons are real Birds. in other words, they nest like every other bird. When pigeons lay an egg, the pair will set. If the pair doesn't want to set, they wouln't lay an egg. Pigeon's eggs are not for hatching. Pigeon raisers let the pigeons do the hatching because baby pigeons need to be fed "bird milk" by thier parents.

This is a really neat pigeon forum that you can search for help:
http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/index.php

Try not to get too adicted,
Chicken_Boy

Thanks chickenboy. Sadly there are no people around me selling pigeons, says the yellowbook.

Could you guys tell me some things I'd need to know and need to get for them?

I read about lofts... but I was wondering if I would need to build a huge loft if I got just a pair. Could I convert a big rabbit hutch into one? Or would something like the starplate connectors work if I built kind of a gazebo looking pen like pictured on this page: http://strombergschickens.com/products/aviary_supply.php

Thanks
a lot guys!

I know...same problem.... I can find no one near me involved with pigeons. I really doubt that I will ever find anyone selling fancy varieties
hit.gif
And my DH even said I CAN get some!!!!
he.gif

Where in PA are you located? I am always getting fancy pigeons through auction or friends. There is an auction right in Hackettstown NJ every Tuesday. If you are close to me, I can keep an eye out for what you are looking for! I usually pay about $5 per bird.

Sorry if I really havent gotten to posting here for awhile until now.

Thanks Chickerdoodle, I am in the Tioga County area... I don't know how close that would be to you.

Back
Top Bottom