pigeon questions.

ray24

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 7, 2012
Texas
Hi I have been thinking about getting some pigeons could somebody please answer theese questions!!

What is the average price of a pigeons?
Do pigeons get along together well?
Could you post some pics of your pigeons and pigeon coop and pigeon boxes? What do pigeons eat? Can anybody tell me anything about pigeons I am a total newbie? Thanks

The price of pigeons depends on the variety. I have some roller pigeons that I sell for about $10 each. Some pigeons that are fancy breeds will sell for $50+ each. Getting along together usually isn't a problem as long as they have enough space to get away from each other. If one pigeon couple is the dominant couple, just make sure the other pairs have room to get away from them. Pigeons can eat a lot of things. You can find specific pigeon feeds or use the gamebird or chicken feed at your local feed store. They're not too picky.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I am by no means an expert, so people are free to disagree with me.
big_smile.png

The price of pigeons depends on the variety. I have some roller pigeons that I sell for about $10 each. Some pigeons that are fancy breeds will sell for $50+ each. Getting along together usually isn't a problem as long as they have enough space to get away from each other. If one pigeon couple is the dominant couple, just make sure the other pairs have room to get away from them. Pigeons can eat a lot of things. You can find specific pigeon feeds or use the gamebird or chicken feed at your local feed store. They're not too picky.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I am by no means an expert, so people are free to disagree with me
Can you post some pics of your coop and your birds please! How much room does a pigion need (how many could fit in an 8X6?)

I don't have pictures of my setup. Sorry! But, you'll be surprised how many pigeons will fit into a space like that. Especially if they have outside access. Just make sure, when you get yours home, keep them in the coop with no access outside for several weeks until they learn that this is their new home. Some varieties of pigeons will actually fly back to their former home if you don't.
barnie.gif

You could keep severeal birds in a loft that size. I'd suggest starting out with only about 3 or 4 pair though. They can multiply pretty quick.

I have a few homing pigeons, and tdhenson86 is right, they will fly back to there original home if you get older birds. I have a cock bird from Washington state that if I ever were to turn loose, he'd be gone!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom