PIGEONS

turk1800

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 10, 2012
QUESTION I have recently accepted about 80 wild rock pigeons from a trapper, they came from a apartment complex in town were they were going to kill them so i took them, i already had 16 or so pigeons so i added them to myn they have a huge barn area closed off that i can open to let them fly but i need to wait a couple months to let the get use to there new home Im not sure how many males or females i have some are very colorful like a dove/pigeon cross, and so far so good haven't lost any its been about a month now one issue is they wont drink out of an automatic waterier like my quail do, so changing water everyday for that many birds theirs got to be a better way has anyone had any luck with theses tcup waters that you can screw in a 5 gallon bucket or 55 gallon barrel??? for pigeons. and will they drink from them?

QUESTION I have recently accepted about 80 wild rock pigeons from a trapper, they came from a apartment complex in town were they were going to kill them so i took them, i already had 16 or so pigeons so i added them to myn they have a huge barn area closed off that i can open to let them fly but i need to wait a couple months to let the get use to there new home Im not sure how many males or females i have some are very colorful like a dove/pigeon cross, and so far so good haven't lost any its been about a month now one issue is they wont drink out of an automatic waterier like my quail do, so changing water everyday for that many birds theirs got to be a better way has anyone had any luck with theses tcup waters that you can screw in a 5 gallon bucket or 55 gallon barrel??? for pigeons. and will they drink from them?
Hello! That's a lot of pigeons! No, they will not drink from those. They need a waterer at least one inch deep, because they suck water like a horse. They may attempt, but it could possibly lead to them choking. :( a good waterer would be a 5gallon bucket with 2inch holes drilled 3-4 inches above the botton. Then a lid on the top.I
I hope this helps!

Great for saving them:hugs
The reality is,,,,,, when they are finally released whenever, some will stay/return to your barn, and some will return to their old place:hit

Back
Top Bottom