Pinkest Egg?

The only color I don't have.... except purple maybe.
pop.gif

I have two different "pink" layers. One is from my Jersey Giants - They regularly lay a very pale pink color. It's actually "pink," due to its heavy blume, not just an ordinary light brown. My other pink layer (more of a plum color) is one of my Black Copper Marans. Again, due to the heavy blume over the egg. With the Jersey Giants this is a normal trait, however with Marans it only happens with a few.

Jersey Giant "pink" and Black Copper Marans "pink" eggs.

5136483894_f6877cd1c9.jpg

Quote:
I've gotten a few pink eggs that were sold to my customers. They were either from a JG or BO...not sure. In this picture there are a few peach and very light pink. It was taken in sunlight -no flash. Also, just like Illia, I have a BCM that lays eggs with extra bloom (front right of pic) that gives them a purpley/pinkish hue.
Illia...you need an olive egg in with your egg menagerie. Gorgeous eggs by the way. They are just like art!

45758_dscf3144.jpg

Awesome variety! What breeds lay the super dark brown ones? Is that a Marans too? I have 1 Cuckoo Marans that lays a red brown egg with lots of bloom, but it isn't nearly that dark!

Quote:
The dark eggs in this picture are from Black/Blue Copper Marans and Welsummers. The other varieties of Marans lay a much lighter egg in comparison, but still darker than your average brown egg layer. I'm hoping to get some Wheaten Marans...knowing their egg color will be an assett to my daily basket. My friend's WM hens lay a dark toffee brown...so pretty!

After seeing this, I want a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana. Wow!
droolin.gif
My black Ameraucana lays very pale blue eggs. I have 5 Wheaten Marans that are 14 weeks old. Just waiting to see their eggs!

Back
Top Bottom