Pipped 7 hours ago bht no progress from there. I think my water pots are going to dry up. What do I

jhalteman

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 6, 2015
Filling the water pot in my Brinsea Mini Eco would take less than ten seconds. I can't see if there's a little in the bottom or not, but I know it's close based on how fast it was going away when I could see it. Do I risk opening or not?

My eggs started pipping last night and no progress has been made. It has been about 7 hours.

I don't have a read on my humidity, unfortunately. It has been raining an awful lot here so I keep thinking that's got to be helpful, at least.

Last edited:
What a crazy few days it has been.

I finally had a bird hatch and I really thought she was the only survivor. 24 hours later and she was still a lone bird. One was clearly dead in its shell, beak exposed. I was so sad.

Finally things started happening! Out of the 17 eggs I had shipped, 9 have now hatched. I did assist in one hatch because it was clear she was stuck like the other bird that didn't make it. She survived the night.

I was expecting a Saturday or Sunday hatch day so I'm not sure why they were late but I suspect the eggs were possibly old since my temps were on, target.

That said, I need to buy a hygrometer for next time.

Back
Top Bottom