Pitched roof, and open spaces

bigbird

Crowing
13 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Northern Kentucky
Hello,
I need an extension for my two coops. After extensive reading on here, and not being very handy, I've decided to get a 5x5x15 foot chain link run. I can divide it in half, to make two runs, and cover the bottom with hard cloth, and the top half with tarps.
My problem is the roof, and door areas. I'd like to make a pitched roof, or cover for it that is rain/snow/predator proof.
The other delema I have is that the area around the door has a two inch gap. Mice, rats, and worse...., weasels can easily get in that space.
Any handy people out there that has dealt with these problems that could give me some ideas??? I sure would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I would think weasles could go through chain link. I am worried about that myself. Here is a picture of the top i made for my run. 20170831_115416.jpg i had my husband put wood in the spaces around the gate. Will post a picture of that later. I used hardware for chain link to hold the wood. Will get a photo of that too. My other idea for that problem is to put wood and hardware cloth stapled together and held on with wire. I may try that on my other run.

I would think weasles could go through chain link. I am worried about that myself. Here is a picture of the top i made for my run.View attachment 1128470 i had my husband put wood in the spaces around the gate. Will post a picture of that later. I used hardware for chain link to hold the wood. Will get a photo of that too. My other idea for that problem is to put wood and hardware cloth stapled together and held on with wire. I may try that on my other run.

The space on the roof I'm referring to is something like this! If I pitch the roof with something, there is going to be this huge space.

Attachments

• IMG_2417.PNG
    IMG_2417.PNG
    689.2 KB · Views: 6
The space on the roof I'm referring to is something like this! If I pitch the roof with something, there is going to be this huge space.
What i had planned when i built my run cover was to elevate one end . If you are thinking that a tarp roof will keep critters out, please reconsider. If you lash welded wire to the top then add the tarp as a sunshade the problem will be solved.

Back
Top Bottom