Plans for designing new coop. Feed and watering.

They found it pretty quick. Once you fill it up over the hole level, it becomes very easily visible even before sticking their head i.
This was my first time trying the PVC waterers... I don't think I'm losing any to leaks. I have one "teen" duckling in there who wastes some of it no matter what container, but so far everything's holding. The online reviews for those cups had some pretty bad experiences where a bird knocks into it too hard or something fails and your entire water reservoir ends up all over the floor. I've had this for less than a week so it's too soon to tell on longevity, but at least out of the box it's pretty good.
It's also really easy to unscrew and of the water dishes if they fail and replace with a smaller/sturdier one. It seems they're all made of 1/8 thread.
My hens get on the bucket and sometimes go to the bathroom into the cups, therfore, ch I clean them out so they have fresh water. They bump into it and water goes places. They were cups off eBay not the rent a coop ones so I might try them. Don't know if I'll try horizontal nipples in the coop and maybe cups outside. Haven't decided yet.

Last edited:
I don’t have food/water in the coop. It’s messy and attracts pests. Unless they are locked in there ( more than just dusk to dawn) food and water goes in the run and then extra outside run for free ranging. Iv never used the nipples due to not freezing weather here and it’s soo hot so the hens get better water with the cups but also kinda pain cleaning them filled with dirt…

Back
Top Bottom