Please critique our new rabbit.. show prospect?,

taraann81

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Ontario
This is our new bunny, please excuse the poor photo, neither I nor my son have any experience photographing or posing rabbits.. He is starting 4h and hopefully will learn. This is our new doe. According to her breeder she is the kit out of the litter she would have kept if she had planned to keep any. According to her she is very nice quality... that being said.. she was trying to sell us a rabbit. So I've taken everything she said with a grain of salt and would like some BYC opinions. Feel free to be critical.. she is only for 4h.. I spent an amount I felt comfortable with and both my son and I would like an honest idea of her quality.
I will work on getting better photos with a dark, solid colored background. Also photos that show her ears a bit better.
27498_100_1720.jpg

27498_lop2.jpg

27498_lop1.jpg

I don't have english, I have hollands and french, but her head seems a little 'rounded' for an english? Seems what I see have a longer face? I am sure someone else with english will chime in. But she is very cute!

Quote:
Thanks, we like her. Yes I agree her head does seem round, much less "skeletor' looking than our other ELs face, which seems more typical of the breed.

Ear Length?

She will do just fine for 4H! She is a cutie, but if I was showing open I would look more into her rounder head and her shorter body. How old is she?

Now, I mean she looks great! We are adding a pair of english this week actually! Now, if you want to use her as brood, look for a longer buck, she has lots of back end right now, you want to off set her shorter body, but keep the nice end quarter! She is a nice bunny though! Also, it looks like she starts a bit forward for my taste (over the top), but could be the pose.

I will measure her ears. She is 7 weeks old. we know nothing about showing rabbits. That first pic is a pic we took trying to get her to sit like others photos we've seen. when measuring ears do I measure each ear individually or from tip to tip?

Thanks NHP, we were just wondering about her good and bad points.

Measure Tip to Tip. She is nice, and no rabbit is perfect, I have seen rabbits with 7-10 BISs under their belt be pulled off the table early on. She is nice and remember in rabbit breeding for show there is always room for improvement, no matter how long you are into it.

If she is only 7 weeks old, she will change a lot body wise, right now worry about what can't be changed, ie ear length, color, markings, coat. She may have a rounded, wide buck head forever though.

Back
Top Bottom