Please excuse while I RANT about feed Store....

Kathryn4629

Songster
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Colbert, WA
I went into Big R Supply today for feed and well, to look at all the beautiful chickies. They have a great supply of chicks every year. This year there is about 15 different breeds of chickens, 3 different kinds of duck and 2 breeds of geese. At first I was a little concerned about the troughs not being covered to keep little kid hands out. But seeing lots of employees around I figured that they were keeping a close eye on everything. But.... Well as I was walking around drooling over the baby chicks about 5 children come in to look at the chicks. These kids were soooo rude!!! They kept pushing me out of the way to look and running everywhere. Then they start man handling the poor little ducks. Grabbing with both hands and dropping them back in to grab a cuter one. I wanted to scream!! I stood there and watched, there was 2 employees there watching and their Mother standing there. I defiantly gave her the "evil" eye for a few moments. After realizing that the employees were not going to do anything I said something to her. I said, "Baby ducks and chicks are very fragile and can very easily be harmed by children picking them up or touching them, thus the reason for the no touching signs" she then told me that I obviously did not have children and that they just can't help it.
rant.gif
And them went on to call me a lazy fat (B word) with nothing better to do, and to mind my own business.
th.gif
I couldn't believe my ears!!! The worst part is that she said this within ear shot of her kids.

I am still so angry about this. Ok rant over now, thank you for listening.

Kinda says it all, doesn't it?
Explains why her children are mavericks that "can't help it"? She's a FINE example for her children...

Our Local Big R has an employee who raises birds and when he is on duty there is no touching.
He calmly explains to the kids that they can "touch" with their eyes but not their hands.

Yeah "great parent" I'm being sarcastic.

Oh yes children CAN help it. DD3 LOVES chicks, loves to hold them but knows that she is NEVER allowed to pick them up on her own. She knows if she wants to hold chicks, she asks then goes and sits on her cushion by the brooder to wait to have a chick passed to her. Our TSCs have open bins yet, and she LOVES to go look at the chicks. Was there with DD14, DS12 and DD3, the kids were looking at the chicks while I got other stuff. Got back up to the chicks and the employee there was like "Oh! I should have guessed you were here, the kids were being so good just looking at the chicks and not touching them."

Sounds like Mom needs a swift kick in the seat of her pants to the world of reality.

Yes, I would be scared as to what kind of adults those children grow up to be. I even made myself stop and think about what I wanted to say to her, and make sure I phrased it as nicely as possible. All I wanted to do was let her know how fragile those babies are.

Yay Idaho!
That is so not ok. I'm so sorry that happened to you! When I was little (4ish) I can remember yelling at the other little kids for grabbing at the animals.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
No is a word every parent should have in their vocabulary. These are the same sort of idiots who lift their children into enclosures at zoos, and then sue when their kid gets mauled. "But little Johnny wanted to pet the hippo". ARHGGGGG!!!!
he.gif

parent speaking here

Thanks you guys! I would love to say that I felt better after I said something, but I am afraid that all it did was make me more angry.

Back
Top Bottom