PLEASE help!! 9 weeks old chick not walking

That's a good link, but people need to remember that all of the oral doses listed are or a 5 pound bird, so that needs to be taken into consideration when orally dosing smaller or larger birds.

-Kathy

Great chart.
I saw amoxicillin. I have some pills.
I didn't understand the first listed use is it something nerve related?...

How is she doing? Have you been weighing her. It seems that her BM's are getting less green which is good. Did I already suggest a bit of milk thistle? That last, really orangy green one may have just been from the B vitamins. It had that bright, artificial, neon green color rather than a deep liver enzyme green. The mareks vaccine only costs $25 with shipping from Jeffers. I have read a study (and I have to find it again) that suggested that you can vaccinate an older flock and expect protection or a less severe outbreak even if they have already been exposed to the virus. I believe the study or studies that I read also suggested some benefit in vaccinating a bird that is already symptomatic. Birds expose to Mareks usually can become symptomatic starting at about 5 weeks and I can't remember what the cutoff age is but that's just an average. Birds can actually become symptomatic at any age.

Still the same. I just gave her a quarter b vitamin. The vitamin&electrolyte pack just came in the mail and I am giving her some too now.
Rbaker0345 that is interesting thank you. I thought mareks vaccine was not effective if they are older than 24 hours. I will look into that as my options run out I am afraid.

I am trying to make sure that she eats but I am not sure what enough is for a chick 10 weeks old.
Today she has eaten half a scrambled egg with butter, half a spoon of tuna fish and a spoon of chick starter.
Is this enough?

Back
Top Bottom