PLEASE HELP-Blood in chicken poop

How fast does this spread through the flock? I have 150 Cornish X that we would like to remain antibiotic-free. Any homeopathic remedies? My babies are 3 weeks old & I've lost 2 with bloody bottoms in the last 2 weeks :(

How fast does this spread through the flock? I have 150 Cornish X that we would like to remain antibiotic-free. Any homeopathic remedies? My babies are 3 weeks old & I've lost 2 with bloody bottoms in the last 2 weeks :(
Can Spread very fast,passed in their droppings(poop),which in turn can get into feed/water,then they eat/drink it. This is how it spreads from chick to chick. As you can see if not treated,consequences can be deadly. Very easy to treat.purchase Corid(amprolium) Dosage for Corid powder is 1/2 tsp per gallon of water, Dosage for Corid liquid is 2 tsp per gallon of water. Treat all chicks for 5 days,do not give vitamins during treatment(interferes with medication)give vitamins after treatment.

Never mind. Just realised this thread is from 2008 so he is either better or long gone by now :)

Last edited:
Thank you! I just looked at the different poops. I think it just may be the intestinal lining! Thanks for the quick response!
An occasional poop with intesinal lining might be normal, but if you're seeing lots of them, I'd be willing to bet that you have a problem.

-Kathy

HI, if you are near a tractor supply you can buy "corid". My chicken became lethargic, would not eat or drink. I separated her from the others soon as I noticed. Corid treats coccidiois and I found out from a kind vet who told me what to use for it. It is originally for cattle. I gave my chicken barely an 1/8 of a teas. mixed with a very little water and syringe fed it. Have to be careful to not drown your chicken. I did that for 7 days and she was better and is doing fine. I am keeping a eye on the rest in case. Hope this helps if needed in the future.
I am a new chicken momma. Had my egg laying girls since they were a few days old (12- 6 each of 2 different breeds). I enjoy them and they are entertaining.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me identify whats wrong with my chick. She is a 4-5 week old (supposed) easter egger and shes been having runny and bloody red poops and I cant seem to determine why. Should I bring her into the vet? by the by she was incubated at school so she dident have a mother, I read something about probiotics chicks get from their mothers and I'm wondering if this could be the case. I put some vanilla greek yogurt (that's all I have right now) in with the chicks to see if she ate some. Any help would be great, heres a picture of the poop.

again by the by, my chick hasent been acting well, she sits and hides under the plank we use to get them in the coop from the run. she isent too fast and doesn't really move when you go to pick her up, when usually she will run. Please let me know if this helps. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom