Please Help! Day 23 going on 24!

Claudinechick

Chirping
Aug 1, 2019
Canada
Hi! Last summer I incubated 12 eggs and got 12 healthy chicks out of it all born on the 21st day. this time I incubated 7 eggs and with the same humity and temperature settings I now only have 1 chick still alive (still haven't hatch). The worst is that the chick is on day 23 and still no internal peeping. I'm worried now because it seems to be going weaker. I candled the egg a few minutes ago and although theres some mouvement it's barely there. I can see a shadow close to the membrane but I'm worried it won't hatch. What should I do? And also why is this hatch going so badly? My humidity is at 65 and temps at 38. humidity was At 45 until day 18 when I did the lock down and stopped turning the eggs! Any help would be gladly appreciated!

Hi! Last summer I incubated 12 eggs and got 12 healthy chicks out of it all born on the 21st day. this time I incubated 7 eggs and with the same humity and temperature settings I now only have 1 chick still alive (still haven't hatch). The worst is that the chick is on day 23 and still no internal peeping. I'm worried now because it seems to be going weaker. I candled the egg a few minutes ago and although theres some mouvement it's barely there. I can see a shadow close to the membrane but I'm worried it won't hatch. What should I do? And also why is this hatch going so badly? My humidity is at 65 and temps at 38. humidity was At 45 until day 18 when I did the lock down and stopped turning the eggs! Any help would be gladly appreciated!

I wish I could remember where I read this but I know there was someone that had the same issue and poked a pin hole to help the chick
Let me see if I can find it

dependent upon where you are, the temp may be too high. Are you using a still air or forced air incubator. Either way, it is normal to reduce the temp 1/2 to 1 degree F during lockdown. Example: 37.5, reduce to 37 (reason is due to the chicks produce more heat). Just some thoughts for you. Wish you well.

Back
Top Bottom