Please help. Did my embryo die?

Yay!!! :celebrate :highfive:

You did good!!

Even though you want him to be careful of the yolk sac til it absorbs, all that movement will help him absorb quicker too... :)

Well, checked Gary (that's his name I've decided :) ) and he looked great! No sign of the yolk so i moved him to a brooder box and he has learned to lift up his big head and he stood up for a few seconds to look over at my very curious baby turkeys in the brooder next door. ;) He was making the happiest little peeps when I came in. Things are looking really good and I couldn't be happier. Any idea how to tell if Gary's a boy or girl? I've heard that you can tell embdens apart with the gray on their back....?

That is great!!! So happy for you and you did a great job!!

As for gender, I dunno geese, lol... I thought I read something about girls having gray on their backs for first year, but don't take my word for it... if you put embden in the search bar there is an embden thread, I bet you could ask there and find out... :)

He'll probably sleep a lot til it absorbs, just as long as he keeps breathing he should be just fine...

I do prefer to have them in a cup or small bowl in the bator when they're absorbing, but your bator is so small I dunno if a cup would fit???

Hi sorry, I. Saw it looks like you know a lot about incubating and was wondering if you could answer my question what is this black line in my egg it is day 7 of incubation

Hi sorry, I. Saw it looks like you know a lot about incubating and was wondering if you could answer my question what is this black line in my egg it is day 7 of incubation

You're incubating the eggs on their sides? Looks like a blood ring to me. But wait and see.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom