please help....hen cannot stand or walk.

Areeba

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 31, 2011
Hi there,
Hope all of you are fine and enjoying good health. ppl i need ur help regarding my hen. about 3 weeks back she was jumping and chasing her friends.she was eating and drinking well but suddenly she scared of something and started shouting and running. while running she fall down on a marble floor and did not able to stand up again.
. now she flaps her wings so hard to stand up and she just stands for 2-3 sec and then fell down.when i put her up side down to check where the breakage is her legs shakes alot. so is it due to fracture or something else?? now what should i do?
Thanks
I

Thanks for a quick reply...
smile.png
ahan...yea i have took her to the vet and he said that there is some muscular damage. he is not an avian vet. he has given her methycobal tablets and asprin. she is still laying eggs. eating with a help of a syringe. she is not eating by her own so she is losing weight. she seems fine and relaxed when i put her up side down she sleeps in that position too. she can not sleep in her normal position flaps her wings a lot.
Thanks

If she's still laying eggs, it shouldn't be so bad.
The only think I can think of is to put her in a sling with food and water within reach and see if that helps. It's hard to know what she hurt, but maybe taking the weight off will help.

ahan i will try to make a sling for her. m posting some of her pics and m sorry for the poor quality.

this is a pic when she was healthy and happy....and now....:(

some more pics when i hang her up with wings so that u can see the position of her legs...

she does not poop her self from day one when she got injured. i always insert a cotton bud dipped in olive oil to her vent and after that she poops. is it a palvis fracture? can a hen stand while having broken legs? what are the main symptoms of broken legs in chickens? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

It looks more like a neuro problem. You might want to think about euthanizing and sending her body to a lab . It looks like a very sad thing to happen.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom