Please help identify breed (and gender?) of my Miracle Bird :)

That is such a good idea! I got two golden sebrights and I was thinking "How can I tell them apart when they're older?!?" So you just gave me my solution!

I'm happy to know I could help a little. :) My kids and I puzzled over how we would tell them apart the first week, and one day I was painting my nails and it occurred to me that could work on them! Plus they look super cute with their little manicures! lol

Got 2 new chickens today. I was told they are both hens, but I have serious doubts about the little one. It looks like a rooster and acts fearless even attacking my older rooster. Can anyone tell me what gender it is?
Maybe someone can even tell me what breed it is. We think it might be a cross of NHR and RIR. Anyone?

That is such a good idea! I got two golden sebrights and I was thinking "How can I tell them apart when they're older?!?" So you just gave me my solution!
I'd be careful with that - chickens love to peck red objects. So, maybe select another color :)

I tried using nail polish but it rubs off very easily, zipties or bands around the ankles works much better for me.

It does rub off, but has been lasting my birds about 2 weeks or more before needing a touch up. Not too bad. :) But I did see some neon colored zip ties at a dollar store recently, maybe I'll try those next. Would the bright colors be bad though? Hmmmm......

I'd be careful with that - chickens love to peck red objects. So, maybe select another color :)
I guess I've been lucky then, cause my birds don't seem to notice at all. :) I'm thinking about zip ties, but I wonder if they would cause any stress or be more obvious for the others to peck at?

I know. Hot pink is cute. So is orange
smile.png

Yes it is! They look so girly with those colors. :) Right now I'm using hot pink, blue, white and green. The hot pink is my favorite! lol

Last edited:
Some pictures of Twitter taken today, 7 weeks old. :) Is she a splash polish?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom