Please help....Impacted or bound crop??

Areeba

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 31, 2011
Hi there,
I need your advice regarding my hen. she seems to be very active but today i noticed that there are some small lumps in her crop as there are some sunflower or wheat grains.
she have had impacted crop before and it took almost 1.5 month to treat. even the vet has said that it will not gonna treat so kill and eat her . i did not do that bcoz i wanted her to be healthy and happy again so i tried every thing and finally she got rid of that impacted crop.
Now she was recovering gaining weight so, it happend again. i am so much worried . she was on soft feed like boiled rice in yoghurt, sweet corn, cucumber,boiled eggs, boiled wheat and green leafy veggies. last week she started laying again...now what should i do....
Thanks,
Regards
Areeba

Small lumps in her crop that feel like seeds is not necessarily a bad thing. If she has been eating seeds then you should be able to feel seeds in there. If you are concerned I would isolate her in a controlled environment and with-hold solid food for a day. See if her crop empties. If it empties after a day of no food then nothing is wrong. If it does not then it's time to reassess.

Let me know how its going.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom