Please Help in Maryland!!!

PipersPeepers

Chirping
Feb 3, 2023
Hello Fellow Chicken Lovers,

I live in Montgomery County, Maryland, and I am reaching out to anyone nearby who would be willing to take on extra
chickens as I try to leave a terrible home situation with my young daughter. We will definitely not be able to take our feathered friends to whatever tiny apartment I can afford, and they will almost certainly be dead within a few weeks or months after we leave if they are left here.

We have a flock of 30 chickens of different varieties, including some beautiful bantams. Four of those bantams are hens who all decided to get broody at the same time, and I would love to keep them together with their chicks, if possible. Three of the hens have only one chick, and one has three chicks.

I also have a chick on its own that was left for dead after another mama hen attacked it. Despite a nasty head wound, this baby actually survived and is thriving in a brooder in the spare bathroom. Her name is "Little One" but we call her "Lo" for short. She imprinted on me after I saved her life and has had little contact with other chickens apart from a few "playdates" with other chicks (supervised, of course!). I REALLY want to find this amazing little survivor a forever home where she will be cherished and can become part of a flock.

We are NPIP-certified, so I am legally able to sell them. I do not have any prices in mind and would basically be willing to give them away to anyone who can promise to provide them with a safe and loving environment. I do not want to give any of them away as meat birds.

Please respond ASAP if you are local-ish and willing to take any of my little feathered friends!

Many thanks!

A

I live in Montgomery County, Maryland, and I am reaching out to anyone nearby who would be willing to take on extra
chickens as I try to leave a terrible home situation with my young daughter. We will definitely not be able to take our feathered friends to whatever tiny apartment I can afford, and they will almost certainly be dead within a few weeks or months after we leave if they are left here.

We have a flock of 30 chickens of different varieties, including some beautiful bantams. Four of those bantams are hens who all decided to get broody at the same time, and I would love to keep them together with their chicks, if possible. Three of the hens have only one chick, and one has three chicks.

I also have a chick on its own that was left for dead after another mama hen attacked it. Despite a nasty head wound, this baby actually survived and is thriving in a brooder in the spare bathroom. Her name is "Little One" but we call her "Lo" for short. She imprinted on me after I saved her life and has had little contact with other chickens apart from a few "playdates" with other chicks (supervised, of course!). I REALLY want to find this amazing little survivor a forever home where she will be cherished and can become part of a flock.

We are NPIP-certified, so I am legally able to sell them. I do not have any prices in mind and would basically be willing to give them away to anyone who can promise to provide them with a safe and loving environment. I do not want to give any of them away as meat birds.

Please respond ASAP if you are local-ish and willing to take any of my little feathered friends!

Many thanks!

A
Sent pm

Many thanks!

A
Hi Peepers,

so sorry for your troubles. where in Maryland are you? we might be able to take a bantam and a baby if you are still looking to re-home. Good Luck you.

Hi Peepers,

so sorry for your troubles. where in Maryland are you? we might be able to take a bantam and a baby if you are still looking to re-home. Good Luck you.
Thank you for your response! I am in Gaithersburg, MD. I would love to Regine a bantam and her chick!

Back
Top Bottom