Please help! Janoel 12 incubator.

Jasmin8452

Hatching
Jun 28, 2019
My Cockatiel birds keep throwing out their eggs. I bought the Janoel 12 incubator but having a hard time with it. Janoel incubator says 40.0c and for humidity i adjusted to 01. The reason why is because my humidity monitor says 37c and 77% humidity. I can't seem to lower the humidity and Janoel doesn't allow me to go lower than 01. I put 1/3 cup of water every 2 days. This is the 3rd day. Please help! What do i do? Is my first time doing this.

20190628_212509.jpg
20190628_212515.jpg

Last edited:
If the humidity is too high, I would stop adding water

I did remove all the water and even like that is at 82%. Temporary i put a toothpick to let out humidity don't know if I'm doing right. I put the level to 1 as well. What level does the incubator normally is set to?

I did remove all the water and even like that is at 82%. Temporary i put a toothpick to let out humidity don't know if I'm doing right. I put the level to 1 as well. What level does the incubator normally is set to?

I’ve never used this brand of incubator so, unfortunately, I can’t help with that. :( Have you tested the thermometer/hygrometer you’re using to ensure it’s accurate?

I had this problem, we are too humid here so I don’t need water at all. But when I first removed water it still was reading high. So I had to dry it completely, as water droplets still we’re affecting the reading. When the time comes to increase humidity I think I’ll only need a tsp. It’s been quite stressful working all this out. I found some really good articles that helped calm me down. I found one on here about dry incubating which is what I am trying just now. My house is reading 58% humidity right now. I used the salt test for my hygrometer and ice test for thermometer and feel much more relaxed. For now!

I had this problem, we are too humid here so I don’t need water at all. But when I first removed water it still was reading high. So I had to dry it completely, as water droplets still we’re affecting the reading. When the time comes to increase humidity I think I’ll only need a tsp. It’s been quite stressful working all this out. I found some really good articles that helped calm me down. I found one on here about dry incubating which is what I am trying just now. My house is reading 58% humidity right now. I used the salt test for my hygrometer and ice test for thermometer and feel much more relaxed. For now!

What were you breeding? I need to know the humidity for cockatiels.

I was able to set it by making a little peak with toothpicks on the sides. Now it sets 58%. At least while I figure this out.

Chickens, sorry that’s not helpful from that’s point of view. Was just sharing my experience of setting humidity. I just need a Teeny amount of water. Not what the instructions told me. It’s taken a while to work it out.

Chickens, sorry that’s not helpful from that’s point of view. Was just sharing my experience of setting humidity. I just need a Teeny amount of water. Not what the instructions told me. It’s taken a while to work it out.
Thank you for sharing. Hope I can get the hang of it soon. I really want to have a successful hatching. I think I got the first part now I need to inform myself about lockdown.

When can I open them? Start feeding them? Do I keep them in the incubator or move them somewhere else?

Back
Top Bottom