Please help lump hanging from my drakes vent

What cream would you recomend would be safe to use, they can have epsom salt baths as i treated my girls bumble foot with this. I have read that seemingly you can use it for prolapses but i have ran out and needs to be ordered on line.
Honey is a great alternative, it doesn't have to be manuka. Do you have any water based lubricant?

Honey is a great alternative, it doesn't have to be manuka. Do you have any water based lubricant?
I wish someone had told me that before i went to the shop🤣 i only have vaseline or savlon antiseptic cream in their medicine box when my girl was egg bound i used oil to help her iv got that.

With my drake that had his boy part out about an inch I could tell it was his thing by the cork screw look
I was told not to let it dry out as it can cause more issues
Did Warm baths and used lube from the Vets office along with antibiotic ointment without pain relief. I kept it moist and eventually it went back up on its own
Your looks like it may have either dried out or has poo stuck to it
The poo can become like cement and may take several baths to get it off slowly.
I’ll see if I still have pics from

Last edited:
With my drake that had his boy part out about an inch I could tell it was his thing by the city screw look
I was told not to let it dry out as it can cause more issues
Warm baths , I used lube from. Vets office and antibiotic ointment without pain relief. I kept it moist and eventually it went back up on its own
Your looks like it may have either dried out or has poo stuck to it
The poo can become like cement and may take several baths to get it off slowly.
I’ll see if I still have pics from
This was what my boy looked like
His was pink and healthy looking still
I had to keep it nice and clean though
He also stopped eating and I had to get meds from vet that helped with both pain and swelling and this did help him to start eating again. He didn’t need antibiotics

Attachments

• 4221E29B-753D-429E-B760-C6D3FC3F1AFA.png
    4221E29B-753D-429E-B760-C6D3FC3F1AFA.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Hi there, there is no blood anywhere in bed or on him. He is still eating and drinking and slashing around in the water. He is already isolated in his crate. I have no bird vets around and my own vet has quoted a fortune, but a family friend is a vet nurse and i had her round to look at him and she reckons its a prolapse was told to give him a warm bath and apply sugar to dry it out. I also got some manuka honey to put on, i know ducks are not allowed to eat this so was going to wrap him in a towel with it on while he gets his cuddles.
You definitely dont want to apply sugar to dry it out. The goal here is to keep it clean and moist.

Hi just a update on my little boy, sorry it has been a wee while the holiday season has been very busy. His prolapse has gone now, i am so grateful for everyones advise. He got a warm bath for a few days and i applied the honey and it sorted its self. I was just over the moon it made my Christmas. He is still been kept a close eye on and is loving the attention. But i think it was definitely caused by trauma as something had broken into both our birds houses we have had a few attacks this year and even after doing our run up and making it more secure it has still managed to get in. So now they will stay inside at night as i cant have anything else happen to them and like i said they love the attention. But thanks again for help and advice.

Hi just a update on my little boy, sorry it has been a wee while the holiday season has been very busy. His prolapse has gone now, i am so grateful for everyones advise. He got a warm bath for a few days and i applied the honey and it sorted its self. I was just over the moon it made my Christmas. He is still been kept a close eye on and is loving the attention. But i think it was definitely caused by trauma as something had broken into both our birds houses we have had a few attacks this year and even after doing our run up and making it more secure it has still managed to get in. So now they will stay inside at night as i cant have anything else happen to them and like i said they love the attention. But thanks again for help and advice.
Glad he is doing better

Back
Top Bottom