PLEASE HELP ME FIND OUT WHAT THIS IS

I pm'd castportpony yesterday, thank you for the tip.
No response yet.

Sorry! I spoke out of turn. Castportpony, thank you for the swift response.

Last edited:
I pm'd castportpony yesterday, thank you for the tip.
No response yet.

Kathy has already responded on the thread. Her avatar is the chicken being tube fed. She posted just above you. I don't really see why you are angry since we answered to the best of our abilities, but no hard feelings. Sorry if I sounded condescending.

Regards,
Leaf

ETA: Looking through the OP's posts, her first ones regarding the roo still look to me like early stage frostbite. Probably from the cold temperature in the basement. There usually needs to be an injury for an infection to set in, it doesn't just happen by itself, which is why we were trying to figure out the stem of the problems.

Last edited:
Oh, well now I feel a bit silly. I know everyone is trying to help.

I guess it's hard not to imagine how the op must feel after posting three times in the last five weeks trying to get help and not getting any specific advice. Yeah I agree with everybody it's frostbite. Probably the roo rested its good foot on the ground where it's colder instead of under himself and got stuck in that position. The photos from her first (?) post seem to show concrete floors. That would be enough. Or he may have gotten frostbite before the snows set in. Either way it's frostbite. The op says the foot smell rotten, is sometimes pussy, and is hot to the touch. The roo needs antibiotics. I know nothing about dosing antibiotics.

Last edited:
Oh, well now I feel a bit silly. I know everyone is trying to help.

I guess it's hard not to imagine how the op must feel after posting three times in the last five weeks trying to get help and not getting any specific advice. Yeah I agree with everybody it's frostbite. Probably the roo rested its good foot on the ground where it's colder instead of under himself and got stuck in that position. The photos from her first (?) post seem to show concrete floors. That would be enough. Or he may have gotten frostbite before the snows set in. Either way it's frostbite. The op says the foot smell rotten, is sometimes pussy, and is hot to the touch. The roo needs antibiotics. I know nothing about dosing antibiotics.

I will say this once more for the OP. Please move your chicken into a warm, safe place where he is not situated on concrete. No antibiotics or remedies needed. Let the toes fall off, the chicken will be able to act normally and walk fine without them. Then keep him in a dog crate with blankets in a WARM room until the harsh weather has passed. Please take this advice and run with it. It's time to take action and help your roo.

Regards,
Leaf

Edited for spelling error

Last edited:
I'm not sure

@cool chick I suspect, like many others, that your rooster has frostbite either from before you moved him into the basement or while in the basement.

Questions:

• Is this the same rooster that has a problem with his other leg?
  • Can you post a pictures of both legs and feet?
  • Was this rooster vaccinated for Marek's
  • Is he eating and drinking?
  • Has he lost weight?
  • Can you post a video of him?
  • How warm is the basement? Is it warm enough that you could sleep in there? If not, move him to warm room in the house.

-Kathy

yes it is
I sure can post pictures
no he was not vaccinated for mareks
he is eating and drinking
he has not lost weight
I can post a video of him
it is warm in the basement

Back
Top Bottom