Please help me find SQ LF Partridge Cochins!

animaladdictions

Songster
8 Years
Apr 9, 2011
East Tennessee
Hi all! I've been on the search for over a year now to find some show quality, large fowl partridge cochins with very little success. I am already aware of Bo Garrett's line and have been working with him to get some started birds in the Fall. So far I've bought hatching eggs from him and another breeder and out of Bo's eggs, none of the partridge survived...out of the other breeder's eggs, I only got one chick...Just to be clear, my lack of success is in NO WAY a reflection on Bo or Brady's shipping methods...they both did an amazing job in getting the eggs to me in great condition...it's just one of those unfortunate risks we take when buying shipped eggs. I would buy more eggs from them, but Bo is too busy to deal with it right now and Brady lost some of his flock to a fox so he's hatching all he can right now. I'm hoping I can buy chicks or started birds from these two gentleman in the fall but until then I'm looking for other breeders. Here's what I'm hoping to find:

The seller's birds must be great breeder quality or show quality
The seller must be willing to ship eggs/chicks/ or started pairs/trios (weather permitting)
Seller must be willing to send photos of their birds
Prefer breeder to be npip cert.
Prices need to be reasonable and fair

It is getting harder and harder to find good quality partridge cochins. I suppose a lot of this is to do with more and more people wanting new and unique colors. Although I love Cochins in every color, I feel it is important to keep a strong, healthy, quality sample of the old timers as well. The partridge cochin is an absolutely stunning bird and it is my goal to own and breed a flock that future generations can appreciate. I would appreciate any help in pointing me towards a good reputable breeder that can get help me achieve my goal.

I should also note that I've been in touch with Rudy Troxel as well and he has sold his birds to Brady (who I mentioned above). If you have info or a nice flock of your own, please post here or pm me. THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom