Please help me sex these chicks!!!!

jlborello

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 27, 2013
Florida
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
Recently I came to realize that 4 out of my 6 chickens were in fact Roos!!! After rehoming three of them, I got six more chicks. Two have died, and so I have these four. 1 white leghorn, 2 RIR, and a BO. I want to rehome any Roos as soon as possible. Can I get some help from some of you experienced chicken people:) I put the names and ages I believe they are on each group of photos. Thank you for all your help!!!

I think they're all female. That little white bird is a leghorn, I think the comb is normal for a female at this age, I believe a male would already have a good amount of color in the comb.

You can post again in 3-4 weeks to be sure.

I think they're all female. That little white bird is a leghorn, I think the comb is normal for a female at this age, I believe a male would already have a good amount of color in the comb.

You can post again in 3-4 weeks to be sure.
That pink?!
ep.gif

I'd hate to raise leghorns then. They'd throw me all off!!

I have leghorn crosses, but they were small in the comb department.

That pink?!
ep.gif

I'd hate to raise leghorns then. They'd throw me all off!!

I have leghorn crosses, but they were small in the comb department.
See, I'm seeing a flesh colored comb, no pink/red at all. I'm just comparing mentally to the pictures I've seen of confirmed leghorn roos at 6 weeks, they have a good amount of color already.

I agree, leghorns just make things harder. I've also had mostly crosses myself, I'm just going off the pics I've seen here. Be interesting to see the bird in a few more weeks to know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom