Please help me :'(

OhMyItsAndyy

Songster
10 Years
Dec 22, 2009
West England
My oldest chook, still a pullet, Fudge hasn't been herself lately. I've tried to think of everything that could be the matter. But other things appear.
At first I thought she was missing the rooster we got rid off, as he was a good little guy and she was his favourite bird. But then she stopped laying so I thought maybe she was eggbound. She certainly showed smptons that i found online, Appetite loss, whte/clear liquid leaking from vent, straining what ever. But I don't think it's that. A chicken keeper nearby thinks it might be a vitamin C defficiancy, whatever. But i don't think so.

Now i'm wondering if she hurt herself, but i dont know how or when. She started showing things about two weeks ago, when she smelt truely awful for no reason, then she started having whitey clear liquid leaking from her vent, which i presumed to be maybe a little shock as the rooster started trying to mate her. then she layed a couple of eggs. But then her wings started to droop and she became really anti social, then she stopped coming out of her egg box, and we got more and more worried, so i brought her in 3 days ago, and she had no appetite then, i washed her up cause she was filthy, and she has started to eat, but I dont know if its going anywhere, when i brought her in her crop was EMPTY. But now, i can still feel all the pellets and corn she's eaten, right through. It's all soft, and empty then corn/pellets. Kinda gross. But she can barely walk now. She doesn't want to and tries not to. Also, I put her on a perch earlier because i wont leave her alone, and i was clearing out their coop, and she fell off the edge, (She moved -.-) and then she landed on her side and she couldn't get back right. Which fits in with my current worry shes hurt, because theother day, i felt something hard about her crop and i think its bone, maybe? If i lift her she only flaps the one wing, (Her right) and kicks with both feet. her left wing if gently pulled out, comesonly so far, and she isnt moving it at all. Also, she can't seem to lift her front up[, which is where the bone thing is, which causes her to fall all the time, forward, and nose dives to the floor
sad.png

So thats why i refuse to leave her alone. Her little red face has gone pale with her comb and wattles. Which im guessing is that she isnt getting food into her, thus no nutrients, so she's going anemic?

I know this probably is having to make you think but i'm so scared! shes my little baby, she's such a beautiful perfect little girl, it'll really break my heart if i lose her.
Any questions, just ask i'll answer right away

- Andyy x

Sorry about your hen .. It may well be a vitamin deficency... Have you tried to give her scrambled eggs.. I sem to be reccomending that alot lately but it does seem to perk them up... Also keeping her in a dark warm place will help her to heal if she is injured.. Sorry I cant help more...

Havn't tried eggs, seems a little cannibel to me, not that it will stop me, so long as it will help

got a 'tropical vet' appt. later, i pray they can help

Quote:
Good Im glad you have a vet appointment .. Sometimes they just seem to go down hill so fast.. this birds are hardy but when they dont feel well they just go down quick.. Scramble or hardboiled eggs have tons of nutrients in them and are awesome fro chickens.. Mine get an y broken or older eggs just make sure you dont feed them the whole egg or they may become egg eaters.. good luck let us know what the doc has to say...

Back
Top Bottom