please help..my duckling is stuck in her shell

oh im not NEVER EVER going thru this again.
smile.png
It has been some month in my household.....Sheesh, im gonna get an ulcer! I can't get another duck..what am I gonna do?! lol Can't she bond with my parakeets LOL

Quote:
LOL! Unfortunately, all birds have one thing in common - they either have a partner or they attach to a person. I see you said parakeetSSSSSSS. Birds need another of their kind or they will choose one of you. It is the way it is.

You can get a baby duck at Tractor Supply. And at my store I told them I had baby chicks at home and they didn't make me stick to the 6 chick minimum rule, (2 for ducklings). But I bought 6 anyways.
big_smile.png

Remember Mary's little lamb?

Get another duckling or you could find a home for this one where there are others.

I hear you....I better find her a home with other duckies! I understand. Thank you again everyone for taking the time to reply to my post. I do feel a bit better
smile.png

She is just a little love! Doing great toda. Up and walking...will...still a bit wobbly at times but eating drinking and pooping
smile.png
~ Yeah...

Good job. Aren't they just adorable? You know that longer you keep her the LONGER you keep her.
big_smile.png
hugs.gif
Ducky love

Last edited:
I have the same problem. my duck was stuck in her shell for over 24hrs. There was one tiny hole so i made it bigger. now she could get out but the membrain is all around her. It is drying out and making it harder to escape. I gave her some water with a q tip and wet the membrain. She was trying to escape for a while but now she is pretty still unless I talk. She does peep sometimes though.

when i was helping her i did see some blood and stopped right away. I AM VERY WORRIED PLEASE HELP!

Back
Top Bottom