Please help! New chick mom☺️

Have you tried Sav-A-Chick? There's an electrolyte pack and a probiotic pack... I use both for the first month or so. One gives vitamins, the other has good digestive stuff. She does look weak... will she eat some scrambled egg? Mine go crazy for eggs... I also give them a bit of parakeet grit to help grind up any non-crumble food. Good luck to both of you!

Have you tried Sav-A-Chick? There's an electrolyte pack and a probiotic pack... I use both for the first month or so. One gives vitamins, the other has good digestive stuff. She does look weak... will she eat some scrambled egg? Mine go crazy for eggs... I also give them a bit of parakeet grit to help grind up any non-crumble food. Good luck to both of you!

Thank you for responding! Yes. I give both electrolytes and probiotics. My chicks will not touch eggs! I have tried twice and they just stare at it like "what do you want us to do with that" lol

Maybe it's time to go over to the Emergencies and Diseases forum. If this was simply a "failure to start" problem, she would have been on her way by now. Instead, you're seeing her revert. Droopy wings is a sign she's getting weaker. I fear she has a disease that she may not be able to fight. The folks on that forum may be able to figure out what's going on. Following the stickies at the top and do the list of symptoms and behavior so they'll have all the information to help you.

So update! My baby has mucous strings in her poop. It looks like a thin line of string after she is done. I am at a loss. Her wings are dropping and she looks sad although she is eating and drinking on her own. I am so overwhelmed not knowing what to do for her
1f61e.png
any other advise is welcome. I feel like I am fighting a losing battle. By the way I am doing the preventative treatment for cocci with amprolium.

I would suggest to IMMEDIATLY separate her from the others as this could be a bacteria or a virus that could spread to them all! Give her plenty of food and water and make sure she gets enough rest. Make sure to check her vent for pasty butt, her eyes for discharge, and her beak "nose" for any runniness as this could be a sign of a cold which is highly contagious. Hope this helps!

Thank you all for your replies and help this past week. When I got home from my sons baseball game, things had taken a drastic turn. All she was doing was chirping and squatting with nothing happening. I tried a bath, helping her get stuff out and massaging her. Unfortunately her stomach was so bloated. I think she got immensely constipated. She was in so much pain and her vent completely prolapsed. I called a vet and explained the non-pooping and mucous coming out. Bet said it sounded like she wasn't sick but definitely constipated and with that only extremely liquid like mucous was able to come out. When I explained what she smelled like she said there was no hope. There would only be suffering. She also felt from what I described that her vent was infected. We put our baby out of her misery a couple hours ago
1f625.png
1f625.png
1f625.png
1f625.png
I am beyond heartbroken.
1f494.png

Im so sorry :( though I am curious how you humanly put her down? Just in case if one of our chicks in the future don't make it. But I have something to cheer you up ;)

'There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.
When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.'

Back
Top Bottom