Please HELP!!!! Problem with crop!!!! Hungry!!!!!!!

Tanith BHH

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 9, 2012
Already wrote about this, but no answers:(
Let's try again.
One of my hen's crop is really hard and she does weird neck movements as if to dislodge the contents. She's eating but very thin, so I don't think anything is actually getting past the crop.... Very worried for her. Otherwise active, but she's not the kind of chicken to sit around, ill or not!
PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS AT ALL????? WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT????

Thank you!

Does her crop empty itself overnight? If not, and it is still hard, you could be correct in thinking nothing is getting past it. This would be impacted crop. I have only dealt with this once. I gave the hen a squirt of olive oil and then massage the crop to break up the bolus. If you search "impacted crop" you will find lots of good advice. I say that because you will get better info than I can give. Good luck!!!

No there is still the fullish crop in the morning, but I've been doing what you're meant to do for impacted crop and it has got slightly smaller now but not much. Should I be worried? Will she be O.K? It's beginning to smell slightly, so I've been trying to feed her yogurt but the only thing she wants is corn, which I don't want to give her!

Back
Top Bottom