Please help sexing my 13wk old Brahma x Faverolles

chickenlady07

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 29, 2013

We are not 100% sure on who mom is especially since they look so much like their dad. Either a salmon faverolles or ameraucana/easter egger. I will get updated/different pictures if needed. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Fingers crossed for one hen!

Those are pretty red combs for their age, but I'd say the bird on the right is a pullet. The bird on the left has more black and a heavier body, along with more waddle; I'd lean towards potential cockerel on that one.

Last edited:
Bird on left looks like a cockerel to me, but I'm thinking pullet on the one on the right.

We are not 100% sure on who mom is especially since they look so much like their dad. Either a salmon faverolles or ameraucana/easter egger. I will get updated/different pictures if needed. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Fingers crossed for one hen!

More pictures from this morning. Thank you everyone for your feedback! We tend to think one hen and one cockerel...occasionally two cockerels but hopefully not!

I'm gonna go out on a newbie limb and call both pullets :) I canny see toooo great but their tail feathers look long and full with rounded ends...curious to see the turn out ,my 5 week old carla...has been attempting to crow the last week-ish...soooo his name is now copper,but his tail feathers are blunt,arced and pointy ended.

Back
Top Bottom