Please help with Gender... think he/she is a Leghorn/Legbar cross around 24 weeks.

rosiedixon

In the Brooder
Sep 5, 2023
Hi I wonder if you can help me with my chicken 'Rainbow Cars' (named by our three year old) . The guy I got the chickens from kept them as a pet and said this one is not likely to be a rooster but a few people are telling me it definitely is. The guy has said to bring it back if it does turn out to be a Roo so no big deal if it is I am just interested if anyone has their own opinions? It isn't making any noises yet. We have only had them 24 hours! first time chicken keepers!

Attachments

• Rainbow cars.jpg
    Rainbow cars.jpg
    602.8 KB · Views: 63
Looks like a hen to me. White Leghorns have bigger combs (including the hens) and mature faster. The first picture is of a male White Leghorn and the last three pictures are female Leghorns.

Attachments

• IMG_5542.jpeg
    IMG_5542.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5540.jpeg
    IMG_5540.jpeg
    570 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5541.jpeg
    IMG_5541.jpeg
    652.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5536.jpeg
    IMG_5536.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 24
Pretty sure that's a hen, appears to have been laying for a while, based on the bleaching of the legs.
oo that's interesting thank you. He did say some of them were laying but we have only had it home 24 hours so not sure we will see signs of an egg for a few days. fingers crossed as we really like it and the kids are attached already. x

Looks like a hen to me. White Leghorns have bigger combs (including the hens) and mature faster. The first picture is of a male White Leghorn and the last three pictures are female Leghorns.
brilliant thank you. everyone was telling me it was a roo so started to think it was.

Back
Top Bottom