please help with run concept

crumptz

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 22, 2012
Mountain View, CA
Ok, I have finished my coop and need to make the run. I know what I want but I'm stuck with practicality so I need some help...
You can see the coop below. I have moved in now and have it on cinder blocks. The pop door is actually on the opposite side of that bigger door (left of the egg door). My run needs to connect to that pop door so the hens can get in and out.
What I want is a low run that is easy to clean. If I keep the coop elevated on the cinder blocks then I need the run to be 4 feet high so they can get in and out. Problem: if it's 4 feet high, how do I get in to clean it?? (I'm 5'5). Do I make the top removable and make a door? UGH, I'm so NOT a builder. Help please. Thanks!

We are going through the same thing, and our coop looks very similar to yours. My hubby wants the run to be moveable, so we can get them in there, and then move them around the pasture. He feels the ground will get too dirty to be able to clean if it is stationary. I have no idea how he is going to accomplish this, and to add to it, we have goats and pot bellied pigs in the pasture, so it has be be goat proof. I am very curious to see your answers, because my plan was to make the run tall enough that we could go inside, and add a human doorway, so we could clean it if it was stationary. Decisions, decisions.

Back
Top Bottom