Please HELP !

I would if possible, place her in a dog crate or cage inside the coop with others while she heals.
You have been getting great advice so far on handling this, but I just wanted to add a little history of my two polish hens who were a part of a large mixed multiage flock. The polish may be the lowest in pecking order--mine usually hung with the banties, rooster and hens. They had been feather picked on their heads as young pullets, one was blinded by a peck to the eye, and one was later scalped and left for dead by a young cockerel (she recovered.) Many people asked to buy them from me, but I felt I could give them the best care and protection. At 2 years old the smarter one was picked off by a predator during the daytime in my yard. At the age of 5, the half blind girl who always seemed slow mentally, was decapitated by 2 hawks who pulled her head off through my chainlink fence, and left her body undisturbed. I love the looks of the polish-type chickens, but I won't have any others because they tend to get picked on.

We have a large walk in coop, so luckily we can let the polish be in the human side of the coop with the other silkie that is nice. The silkie that was pecking has merged in with the bigger girls in the main coop. Husband has already worked out a way for them to stay in the human area and that he will build them another outside run if the case happens to be that they cannot go back with the bigger hens without being pecked.

We have a large walk in coop, so luckily we can let the polish be in the human side of the coop with the other silkie that is nice. The silkie that was pecking has merged in with the bigger girls in the main coop. Husband has already worked out a way for them to stay in the human area and that he will build them another outside run if the case happens to be that they cannot go back with the bigger hens without being pecked.

Sounds like a good plan!

I hope she improves soon.

I would recommend keeping her in your half bathroom to keep a better eye on her. I know my chickens act like Sharks at the sight of blood.

Went out to her this evening and her vent was blocked again, brought her in for a bath and after the bath she started to puff up and was pushing really hard trying to poop, there was just blood dripping a horrible odor and just a little watery poop, she was pushing for 10 minutes with nothing but blood coming out and she was making a exhusted whine . We have made the choice to put her out of her misery I am sure she in in pain and it has been over a week now with hardly any signs of improvement. Thank you all for the advice I think she was just too hurt to heal through this.

I'm so sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom